Green Soluce répond à l'un des enjeux clés du 21ème siècle : naviguer les transitions dans un contexte d'explosion de l'urbanisation. La mission de Green Soluce est claire : faciliter et accélérer l'immobilier et la ville "agiles", c'est-à-dire accompagner les organisations et projets qui visent à réussir l'alliance de la durabilité (environnementale et sociétale), du bien-être et du digital au service de l'utilisateur-citoyen. L'équipe Green Soluce en plein développement, sous l'impulsion et la direction de Ella Etienne-Denoy, Directrice Générale & Associée, mobilise quatre hubs d'expertise pour répondre aux besoins de ses clients privés et publics en capitalisant sur l'intelligence collective, la prospective et l'approche pluridisciplinaire : "Advisory" (stratégie, ingénierie et communication), "Learning", "Sustainable Finance" et "Content".
The successful candidate will apply their advanced knowledge in corporate sustainability, climate change / carbon strategy or related areas such as environmental finance to develop novel insights into how companies can respond to new environmental challenges due to climate change and global environmental change more generally.
The candidate will connect the broad and deep knowledge to assess how a carbon or the energy transition can affect financial and business decisions, as climate change will put assets in increased risk, where an adequate energy transition may secure such assets but can make others ‘stranded assets’. The candidate may focus on the following areas:
- Develop a scenario tool and define leading indicators to provide insights/recommendations on decarbonising finance, climate vulnerability and impact on assets.
- Define a tool or methodology to measure the positive impact indicators (e.g. via SDGs) of corporate activities.
- Develop a decision-making framework for investment funds and ESG criteria.
- Integrate results into our other areas consulting activities.
- We are looking for an excellent and enthusiastic researcher who is able to combine academic and broader societal and economic perspectives. Candidates should hold a PhD in a relevant discipline corporate sustainability, climate change / carbon strategy or environmental finance.
- Evidence of a strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of corporate sustainability, climate change strategy or environmental finance, with a focus on publishing articles in top journals.
- A deep understanding of key underlying theoretical concepts in corporate sustainability, climate change strategy or environmental finance (e.g. adaptation, resilience, stranded assets, climate risk).
- A knowledge of ESG strategies for sustainable real estate investments and underlying issues would be a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to interact with external/internal collaborators and stakeholders.
- Substantial understanding of interdisciplinary data analysis
- Evidence of well-developed written and verbal communication skills, for example, publications in relevant academic environments such as scientific journals/conference presentations
- Strong analytical skills and a background in real option theory are strongly recommended and experience with scenario building would be much appreciated.
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, excellent networking skills and the desire to develop consulting tools and identify funding are essential as are good communication skills and excellent command of spoken and written French and English.
- The candidate will spend 80 percent of his/her time on tool development, writing position papers and supporting the writing of new grant proposals and 20 percent on outreach to the financial sector. Experience in these fields is considered a plus.
- We require the successful candidate to possess advanced knowledge of the current state-of-the-art research methods – the role is open to researchers with both quantitate and qualitative backgrounds