SINGA is an international network based in Europe and Canada, which promotes inclusion and migration-led innovation. Our mission is to bring locals and newcomers together to collaborate on social, professional and entrepreneurial projects.
In 2020, SINGA Global is the central entity coordinating the network. SINGA Global’s missions are to :
Ensure monitoring and evaluation of all SINGA activities across the world
Share good practices and compile resources
Fundraise for all SINGA chapters in order to implement transnational projects
Ensure that SINGA’s values are respected and promoted
Communicate on SINGA’s impact, internally and externally
SINGA operates in 17 cities in 7 countries and has over a hundred staff members. The network includes 7 incubators, and supports over 200 entrepreneurs per year, as well as a community of 50 000 people. SINGA chapters support entrepreneurs and community organizers in developing projects contributing to changing the narrative related to migration.
The purpose of this role is to support SINGA’s online communication, under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator. The Communications Assistant manages the website and social media written and visual content, as well as edits and/or translating content in English. They can periodically support different SINGA Chapters in their day-to-day communication. SINGA Global’s goal in terms of communication is to strengthen our visibility and credibility as a trusted partner and expert on migration-led innovation through consistent, professional, multi-platform communication.
The Communications Assistant will contribute to shaping the stories we tell about our communities and our work, so as to change mindsets, encourage support and rally enthusiasm for our cause.
With the support of the Communications Coordinator, the SINGA Global team and all SINGA Chapters, the Communications Assistant will:
- Edit the SINGA Global website on back and front end
- Implement the social media strategy
- Upload content to websites as appropriate
- Contribute to improving the visibility of SINGA SEO web content.
- Periodically provide support to chapters in need of online content
- Identify content for online publication, in collaboration with all chapters, to ensure that the work and views of SINGA is well reflected across our websites and social media channels
- Support further ad hoc media and digital monitoring as required.
- Contribute to the social media editorial calendar on all social platforms
- Post content on global channels, monitor and report regularly on social media analytics
- Help develop and update global coordination tools (existing and new) including: communications timeline, best practice documents,
- calendar of media opportunities, communication toolkits, etc.
- Assist in organizing the workshop / meetings / trainings with each chapter
- Stay up to date on and share communications trends with the team
Proofreading and translation
- Check and proofread content in English for SINGA Global, especially for the wearesinga.com website, blog posts, and social media
- Work with SINGA chapters to proofread or translate content into English
- Create and disseminate a SINGA lexicon in English to ensure all SINGA members are familiar with recurrent English terms
Institutional communication (5%)
- Contribute to writing, editing, proofreading and designing the annual report.
- Research and monitor news, content and data around migration that would be appropriate for Singa's advocacy work and public communication materials
- Update the international media and Key Opinion Leaders databases
- Help organize international media events
The position :
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Ongoing or completed university degree, preferably in a subject related to this role, with the ability to provide SINGA with a convention de stage
- Native English Speaker a must, with strong written skills
- Strong written and verbal skills in French to be able to translate from French to English
- Interested in migration and social innovation
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize own workload and meet deadlines
- Self-starter who takes initiative and delivers results successfully
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing support as required, and build and maintain excellent relationships across the organisation
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in writing and editing compelling content for print and/or digital channels (web, social media) to high quality within tight deadlines
- Experience in creating, developing and managing websites with WordPress
- Experience in proofreading non-native speaker content / translating from French to English
- Knowledge and experience in using social media channels
- Design and film editing skills: Adobe design suite, Final Cut Pro, InDesign...
- Knowledge of German, Arabic, Persian, Bengalese, Swahili, etc.
- 28 hours/ week contract in a dynamic and international work environment, where you will be able to take initiative.
- 6 months stage conventionné with the legally required stipend.
- The job is Paris-based, with remote work and access to the Kiwanda co-working space, 50 rue de Montreuil, 75011.