LOCAL PROJECT MANAGER - TECHFUGEES FOR IMPACT
Founded in 2015, Techfugees is an international organization supporting the rights and inclusion of displaced persons through the development of tech solutions designed by, with and for refugees.
With an online community of 54K followers and 4,000 active volunteers and partners, Techfugees deploys its projects & programs and events across the five continents.
One of Techfugees’ activities is the #TF4Women Fellowship Program, which accelerates the professional inclusion of refugee women in the tech industry since 2018 in France. The program has contributed to the landing of jobs in tech for 80% of our participants.
TF4Women fellowship is intended only for refugee women who wish to work in paid employment, with skills or experiences that are “transferable” in the digital world. Each week during 6 months, we deliver a unique program that includes: weekly mentoring & technical training sessions, language courses, administrative and job searching assistance, psychosocial support and babysitting solutions, a professional network of tech employers, on top of a personalised support from TechFugees’ team, volunteers and alumni fellows.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Upon the success of the fellowship in France, Techfugees has decided to scale up the fellowship in other countries that receive a huge number of refugees, in order to help more women land a job in the tech sector. Italy will be our first scaling country.
Under the supervision of Techfugees's European Scaling Manager, the Local Project Manager will be involved in the launch and delivery of the first pilot edition of the TF4Women fellowship in Milan, Italy.
Overall, you will be responsible for the good delivery of the program (recruitment, sessions & social events). You will work in close relationship with the European Scaling Manager to keep local partners regularly updated on the program results, share progress and fellows’ evolution.
Duties and Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
1- Fellowship Program Design
You will be responsible for the design of the project delivery plan & the curriculum tailored to the needs of fellows to find a job in the Italian tech market, and to the needs of all the stakeholders in the fellowship.
- Calendar & Design Curriculum for 2021 of program,
- Support Marketing & Communication strategy,
- Mentor & Trainer kit
2 - Fellowship Program Delivery
You will manage and keep track of the project delivery in order to perform and complete project's sessions and other activities successfully.
- Deliver in person (online or offline weekly sessions) as an MC
- Deliver sessions material in time
- Fellow Personal kit & Dashboard (GDPR compliant and safe)
3 - Reporting and Documentation
You will be responsible for keeping a diary of session, storing data safely and updating the technical & financial reports.
- Budget up to date
- FInancial reports up to date
- Fellowship dashboard up to date every week
- Log book up to date
4 - Manage Relationships
You will be the point of contact of the program locally, responding to questions & requests and connecting potential partners with the team. We expect from you to be professional at all times and incarnate the program values.
- Listing, mapping and informations on partner lists up to date
- Keep all participants informed in time (Fellows, mentors, trainers,...)
- Regular catch up calls with European Scaling Manager
- Share Techfugees’ values: feeling concerned by the challenges faced by displaced
- persons across the world but not desiring to save the world! Only to contribute and hold a safe space for people that were not lucky by birth and nationality;
- Having previous experience(s) in a comparable role (event organising and managing various participants expectations being something you are familiar with);
- Being very organised in a digital environment (a great use of Trello & Slack and spreadsheets as well as shared documents);
- Ease and professionalism in partner relationships;
- Analytical mind, that’s capable of making a synthesis of information and make strategic decisions;
- Great oral presentation;
- A great attention to details;
- Fluency in written and spoken Italian;
- Proficient in written and spoken English (French and Arabic are a very niceto have);
- Being autonomous and focused on results!
HOW TO APPLY ?
- Deadline for receiving applications is 20th of December 2020;
- Permanent contract CTI (CONTRATTO A TEMPO INDETERMINATO) - 30K€ annual gross income;
- Starting January 2021;
- Based in Milan, Italy;
- Remote work based - with options to work from a co-working space in Milan and Rome;
- Please note that this position is only open to applicants who have European citizenship or other legal authorization to work in Italy.
TECHFUGEES OFFERS YOU
- Health insurance;
- Transportation expenses in Italy & to France;
- Techfugees team's retreat in France;
- Lots of good vibes
Send us your CV and a motivation letter of 3 paragraphs maximum before the 20th of December at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: “Applying to TF4Women Local Project Manager in Italy”.