Overview of the People’s Plan
The People’s Plan is an environmental community interest company (CIC) working to give people a voice on how green policies are designed and implemented. Our current primary project is an innovative, interactive, educational, and gamified platform which facilitates engagement between residents and their councils, with a focus on engaging underrepresented groups. The product has recently been trialled by a London council and has had fantastic results. We have a large waiting list of clients up and down the UK and are now deciding how to tweak and grow the product to have even more impact.
We are looking for an Experienced Software Developer (Volunteer) to take our Tech Team to the next level. You will be led by an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and you will help project manage aspects of our innovative platform, and liaise with other teams in the organisation to deliver on our objectives.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 1-7 years of software development experience: front-end, back-end and project management.
- Can lead aspects of the development and delivery of our tech strategy, working closely with the CTO and other teams in the People’s Plan.
- Can undertake and run a number of sometimes complex projects in tandem.
- Is happy to work in a number of different languages. Our current projects use a React Front-end and a Ruby on Rails back-end.
- Is able to motivate and inspire a voluntary team to deliver a product which delivers value for our stakeholders.
- Is motivated to work on an organisation delivering social impact at the nexus of climate action and innovative democratic practices.
- Can commit for 3-4 hours per week for a minimum of 4 months to complete a project.
This role will offer an opportunity to play an integral part in the development of an exciting and expanding product delivering value for decision makers in the public sector, and to establish further credentials in software development project management.
Part of the Climate Venture Collective
The People’s Plan is supported by the Climate Venture Collective. The CVC is a diverse group of entrepreneurs, thinkers, makers and doers who come together to create scalable solutions to the Climate Crisis. The group is open to everyone to join and we all share in the work and the rewards.
As part of People’s Plan, you will have access to the community, it’s members, projects and resources, as well as being part of it.
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates, and which celebrates and promotes diversity. We therefore particularly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds