We are currently looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team based in Paris. The successful candidate is meant to drive our organization's financial operations and improve its financial planning, accounting and administrative performance. Duties for the Finance Manager will include supervising accounting staff, setting up, improving and conducting regular internal controls, setting and tracking financial targets, developing finance-related strategies, policies and procedures, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditures, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, and managing tax compliance. Furthermore, the Finance Manager is expected to harmonize financial operations between the HQ and its representations abroad and ensure alignment of all accounts of the organization.
The candidate should have adequate skills and qualifications and possess profound experience in financial planning coupled with an ability to direct financial assets in a way that assists our organization in implementing effective financial strategies, managing assets and debts, and, overall, maintaining a healthy financial position today and in the future. The candidate possess strong analytical skills, excellent strategic thinking, strong communication skills, and have strong leadership skills and team leading experience.
Location: Paris, France
Contract type: 100% - full time (35 hours per week)
Duration: 1.5-years contract with a potential prolongation
Roles and responsibilities :
As the head of the HQ finance team in Paris and a crucial member of the organization at large, the Finance Manager will be responsible for :
- Collecting, interpreting, and reviewing financial information
- Predicting future financial trends
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the organisation and future organization decisions might be impacted
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Providing guidance to the Account and finance teams and following-up on the fulfilment of their responsibilities
- Developing long-term budgets based on these reports
- Reviewing, monitoring, and managing budgets
- Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
- Overseeing audit and tax functions.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures
- Reviewing departmental budgets.
- Managing internal controls.
Qualifications, experience and skills :
I. Academic background
MA/ MSc Degree or diploma in Financial Management (DSCG, Master CCA,..)
Specialisation/ Major in Management of Non-Governmental Organisations
II. Professional/Practical Experience
At least five years of experience as a Financial Manager or a comparable managerial position
Profound knowledge of French and international accounting principles/ IFRS
Experience in Non-Governmental Organizations’ financial management
III. Skills and attitudes
● Outstanding leadership capacity and team spirit, particularly including cross-cultural management dimensions
● Strong drive to meet deadlines and cope with working under pressure
● Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
● Strong organizational management (contrôle de gestion) skills and experience
● Ability to work remotely with an international team across different countries and time zones
● Ability to develop strong work relationships and working in and with a team
● Languages : French native or near-native is mandatory as well as ability to read, write and communicate professionally in English ; Arabic language skills are an asset
● Readiness to travel (particularly to Turkey and Iraq; other countries as relevant)
● A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
● An analytical mind