Founded in 2015, Techfugees is an international non-profit organization supporting the rights and inclusion of displaced persons through technology designed by, with and for refugees.
With an online community of 56K followers and 4,000 active volunteers and partners, Techfugees deploys its projects & programs and events across the five continents.
#TF4Women is an annual programme composed of two-phases.
The #TF4Women Pathway is an online 3-month programme designed for asylum seeking and refugee women looking for an opportunity to develop their digital skills and discover new horizons on the tech job market in France. Through weekly training sessions with professionals in the tech sector, participants will enrich their professional horizon and strengthen their professional decision-making. The pathway is a real springboard to prepare what lies ahead in your job search, with an opportunity to join the #TF4Women Fellowship Programme.
The #TF4Women Fellowship is a 6 months programme and is intended only for refugee women who wish to work in The tech sector, with skills or experiences that are “transferable” in the digital world. Each week, we deliver a unique programme that includes: weekly mentoring & technical training sessions, language courses, administrative and job searching assistance, psychosocial support and babysitting solutions, a professional network of tech employers, on top of a personalised support from TechFugees’ team, volunteers and alumni fellows.
Through both the #TF4Women Pathway & #TF4Women Fellowships, techfugees delivers educational and practical knowledge on jobs in the tech sector.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Upon the success of the fellowship in France, Techfugees has decided to scale up the #TF4Women Fellowship (and *not yet the #TF4Women pathway*) in other countries that receive a huge number of refugees, in order to help more women land a job in the tech sector. Italy & Greece are our first scaling countries of 2021.
Under the supervision of Techfugees's European Scaling Manager, the Local Project Manager will be involved in the launch and delivery of the first pilot edition of the TF4Women fellowship in Athen, Greece.
Overall, you will be responsible for the good delivery of the program (recruitment, sessions & social events). You will work in close relationship with the European Scaling Manager to keep local partners regularly updated on the program results, share progress and fellows’ evolution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
1- Fellowship Program Design
You will be responsible for the design of the project delivery plan & the curriculum tailored to the needs of fellows to find a job in the Greek tech market, and to the needs of all the stakeholders in the fellowship.
- Calendar & Design Curriculum for 2021 of programme,
- Support Marketing & Communication strategy,
- Mentor & Trainer kit
2 - Fellowship Program Delivery
You will manage and keep track of the project delivery in order to perform and complete project's sessions and other activities successfully.
- Deliver in person (online or offline weekly sessions) as an MC
- Deliver sessions material in time
- Fellow Personal kit & Dashboard (GDPR compliant and safe)
3 - Reporting and Documentation
You will be responsible for keeping a diary of session, storing data safely and updating the technical & financial reports.
- Budget up to date
- FInancial reports up to date
- Fellowship dashboard up to date every week
- Log book up to date
4 - Manage Relationships
You will be the point of contact of the program locally, responding to questions & requests and connecting potential partners with the team. We expect from you to be professional at all times and incarnate the program values.
- Listing, mapping and informations on partner lists up to date
- Keep all participants informed in time (Fellows, mentors, trainers,...)
- Regular catch up calls with European Scaling Manager
- Share Techfugees’ values: feeling concerned by the challenges faced by displaced
- persons across the world but not desiring to save the world! Only to contribute and hold a safe space for people that were not lucky by birth and nationality;
- Having previous experience(s) in a comparable role (event organising and managing various participants expectations being something you are familiar with);
- Being very organised in a digital environment (a great use of Trello & Slack and spreadsheets as well as shared documents);
- Ease and professionalism in partner relationships;
- Analytical mind, that’s capable of making a synthesis of information and make strategic decisions;
- Great oral presentation;
- A great attention to details;
- Fluency in written and spoken Greek;
- Proficient in written and spoken English (French, Arabic, Persian or French are a very nice to have);
- Being autonomous and focused on results!