DEEP TECH ECOSYSTEM ANALYST @ Hello Tomorrow
6-month internship in Paris, from February 2021
Today, a new wave of progress is beginning, based on major technological and scientific advances.
Autonomous cars, cancer treatments, 3D printed organs, collaborative robots and much more.
At Hello Tomorrow, we identify and support startups developing groundbreaking deep tech innovations cutting across major environmental and societal challenges, transforming our lives. Their projects are based on technologies that have great promise for the future but which require several years of R&D. This increases the needs and challenges facing startups: large capital investment, expertise and special talent, support for industrial applications and marketing strategies for their innovations.
It is a matter of urgency therefore that favourable conditions be created to support deep tech entrepreneurs and accelerate technology transfer.
We are looking for a Deep Tech Ecosystem Analyst who will help us map deep tech ecosystem actors (startups, accelerators, incubators, investors, etc.) and animate our community.
Who are we?
We are a global organization on a mission to unlock the potential of deep technologies to help solve some of the world's toughest challenges (societal, environmental and industrial).
We identify deeptech solutions, empower the pioneers who drive them and bring together a community of actors who believe that science and advanced technology can contribute to shaping a better tomorrow.
Global Summit and events around the globe: exclusive events in 11 countries involving our community of science-entrepreneurs, large corporations, investors and researchers, to inspire scientific and business leaders, and foster business connections
Consulting & Corporate Innovation Programs: help corporates leverage the potential of emerging technologies, understanding how it will impact their organization and how they can work with startups to accelerate the transfer of impactful solutions from lab to market.
Deep Tech Observatory: we identify and analyse innovation trends and dynamics leveraging experts and data in our network and share the results with our community.
The Deep Tech Pioneers Community
The Deep Tech Pioneers Community is a community of early-stage deep tech startups, selected by a jury of experts and who benefits from free perks offered by Hello Tomorrow:
- Funding and business opportunities
- Exclusive access to our events
- Access to exclusive online content : ecosystem mapping, masterclasses, office hours, etc.
- Visibility on international media
- Fast track to our startup competitions (with 150k€ prize money)
A premium service called “Startup Catalyst” is also available for selected startups raising funds or looking for corporate partners/clients. We help those startups refine their needs, identify the right actors to meet and prepare for meetings during a workshop. We then contact the identified companies, present them the startups and do introductions if both sides are interested.
Some of these programs have been around for a few years (events, startup competitions) and others will be brand new in 2021 (ecosystem mapping, business opportunities, etc.).
The Global Challenge
The Global Challenge is the most exclusive worldwide deeptech startups competition. For its 6th edition in 2019-20, more than 5,000 entrepreneurs applied from 119 countries.
We avoid selecting pointless apps and social media analytics tools here — we prefer flying cars, space taxis, breakthrough medical treatments or handheld scanners to detect fake drugs. Projects that actually make the world a better place.
There are at least 3 rounds to select finalists startups and it involves a different jury at each step, including panels of scientists, entrepreneurs, investors and influential industry partners. We evaluate each project on the technical aspects, the market, the team and the potential impact of the project.
We provide them with continuous value before, during and after the competition.
We strive to design the best experience possible for hundreds of startups all over the world participating in the competition. So we need to constantly improve the value proposition of our Challenge and build a seamless journey for them.
Startups will apply to the Global Challenge between March and June 2021.
The evaluation and finalists selection process happens between June and September 2021.
The Finals take place during the Global Summit, our yearly international event in Paris in December 2021.
What will you do?
As the Deep Tech Ecosystem Analyst for the Hello Tomorrow Deep Tech Pioneers Community, your day-to-day work will look like the following:
- Create mappings of international deep tech actors (startups, accelerators, incubators, large companies) to be shared with our community. See the example of our deep tech investors mapping here. Create the processes to update these mappings seamlessly and make them actionable by our community, our partners and our own internal team.
- Source the best deep tech startups from around the world and convince them to apply to join the Deep Tech Pioneers Community and take part in the Global Challenge. You’ll be looking for the most disruptive technologies, scraping data from the web and contacting the most promising deep tech entrepreneurs to promote our (free) opportunities!
- Support individual startups by providing them with business/investment opportunities as part of the “Startup Catalyst” program. Find the best potential partners, clients or investors (based on your previous work of mapping the ecosystem) and introduce them to these actors.
At Hello Tomorrow, you will join an international team of 20 young and dynamic people all striving to help make the world a better place with science, in a very positive albeit fast-paced environment!
Who are you?
- You are deeply fascinated by and passionate about science, technologies and innovation
- You have a Masters degree with a strong understanding of both business and technology subjects
- You’re tech-savvy
- You’re very well organized and rigorous
- You’re autonomous
- You’re willing to take initiative
- You’re very curious
- You have a strong belief in getting things done!
- Native English speaker or fully fluent in English
- Very good analytical skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Shows a good understanding of the deep-tech ecosystem
- Fluency in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
What do we offer?
- Compensation of €1,000 per month
- An opportunity to discover cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems, as well as the greatest minds in deep tech!
- A team that is passionate, creative, impact-driven, and at the top of their game
- A fast-paced, international, interdisciplinary, inspiring, and collaborative work environment
- Restaurant tickets (meal vouchers applicable in restaurants and grocery stores)
- Open-space office environment in the heart of Paris and option for temporary remote working when needed