Who we are
Hystra is a strategy consulting firm that works with business and social sector pioneers to design and implement hybrid strategies, innovative market-based approaches that are economically sustainable, scalable, and eradicate social and environmental problems.
Hystra itself is a hybrid organization, a for-profit tool for social change. We are a core team of 20-odd full-time consultants supported by a growing network of partners. We bring the skills and approaches of top-tier strategy consulting to solve global issues in the developing world.
Who our clients are
Since our creation in 2009, we have worked in over 25 countries for over 50 clients:
- Large corporations (including Unilever, Danone, Engie, LafargeHolcim, Orange, Total, KCC, PepsiCo, Mars) who realize that low-income populations of emerging markets represent a large untapped growth opportunity aligned with their corporate mission, capabilities, and the aspirations of their most talented managers
- Development players (such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, AFD, DFID, SDC) who realize that cooperation with the private sector is a vast but unleveraged opportunity
- Social businesses (such as Solar Energie, eKutir, HERi, Baobab+) who realize that they need strategic and technical support to reach the scale of impact they aspire to.
What we do
We help our clients:
- Scan the world for the most innovative market-based solutions to a particular social problem and rigorously assess their social impact, business model and scalability
- Design creative strategies to scale up these innovations, develop robust business plans and identify partners with the right set of skills and assets
- Design the appropriate organizational mission, structures and management processes to carry out these strategies, with a particular focus on addressing cultural issues and building capabilities in our clients’ teams
- Set up or replicate these strategies, providing local implementation support through our global network and helping find the right partners to implement projects.
2. Position Description
Reporting to managers and partners, you will:
- Research and analyze best practices on market-based approaches to solving social and environmental problems
- Prepare and conduct expert interviews (social entrepreneurs, business leaders, NGO managers, etc.)
- Organize and drive team working sessions
- Present to clients and partners in meetings
- Manage consultants and junior consultants and be responsible for their timely delivery and progression within the team
- Review and analyze social enterprise business plans
- Prepare and present proposals and clients documents
You should combine an analytical spirit with a deep commitment to solving social issues especially in the emerging world. More specifically, you will present the following skills and experiences:
- Experience in a top-tier strategy consulting firm is required (non-negotiable requirement)
- Experience in a developing country and/or the inclusive economy (as a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ease in conducting phone and face-to-face interviews, and proficiency in preparing a presentation in PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative skills, at ease with analyzing financial data and proficient in Excel
- Attention to detail, commitment to follow-through and self-organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, within a team as well as with clients and partners
- Fluency in both French and English, oral and written (non-negotiable requirement) – additional language a plus.
4. Work arrangements
You will be based in Hystra’s HQ, located in Paris. Regular short travels will be required on specific assignments, mostly to developing countries. Depending on projects, there will be opportunities for longer detachments (2-12 months).
NB: As required by the sanitary situation, working remotely from France or abroad is of course a possibility.
5. To Apply
Please send a short cover letter and resume at Cliquez sur candidater pour accéder aux informations., with “Senior Consultant – 2021” in the subject line or apply directly on the Hystra website.