Do you believe in the role of migrant-led-innovation in creating products, services and solutions our societies need?
PLACE is looking for a Program Manager who is driven by big ideas and the power of diversity to lead our pre-incubation program, Ice Academy.
Ice Academy is a pre-incubation program for entrepreneurs from refugee backgrounds that want to dive deeper into their business ideas. The program is two-fold, one part ideation of early-stage entrepreneurial ideas, one part employment in some of Paris’ top theme parks. Ice Academy is a European program that PLACE runs in Paris in collaboration with Ben & Jerry’s, and that is also run in London and Amsterdam with our close partners TERN and DeliteLabs.
This is a part-time position for an autonomous, collaborative professional who has experience in program management and the world of entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate has experience in agile project and partnership management, facilitation and knowledge of what it takes to turn an idea into a reality. Joining a team of perpetual learners, we are looking for someone who is excited to continue learning alongside a dynamic and international team.
This role is based in Paris and will be from January 1st to October 31st 2021. Fluency in French and English, both written and oral, is required, as well as comfort in remote working with a fast-moving, agile team.
- Oversee the recruitment of early-stage entrepreneurs from refugee backgrounds (diffusion of the offer through social media, coordination with partner organisations, field sourcing, interviews etc.)
- Maintain a close collaboration with employment partners, and if necessary take part in the partner on-boarding process
- Coordinate the selection and management of program mentors from corporate partners
- Coordinate with European program partners throughout the duration of the program
- Manage the delivery of existing weekly entrepreneurship modules from March 1st to July 31st 2021 (topics will likely include: ideation, human-centred design, user testing, early-stage business models, pitching etc.).
- Monitor the progress of program participants, in their project development, as well as their employment, through regular follow-up and through the program monitoring system
- Manage the community of participants, including the organisation of informal occasions to meet and greet, and different communication channels
- Provide the communications manager with updates on the program that can feed into communications around the project
- Work closely with the Head of Programs to develop additional modules and learning tools if needed as required by the program
- Lead the production of the end-of-program report
Skills and behaviour needed:
- Passionate about entrepreneurship with a special affinity for the early ideation stage
- At ease in delivering entrepreneurship workshops, online and in-person to a multicultural audience (previous experience with design thinking and human-centred design methodologies is a plus)
- Comfortable with online and communication tools (Slack, Mailchimp, Google Drive, Trello, Zoom...)
- Simple but effective project management skills - gets the job done, no matter what
- Quick learner, taste for novelty and experimentation
- High autonomy, capacity to reach goals independently
- Excellent communicator: gets the message across perfectly in person, in writing, over the phone...
- At ease with time-pressure/acceleration phases
- Fluent, written and oral, in French and English
What’s the PLACE Team like? We come from all walks of life, but here are a few points we have in common:
We care above all about people
We are perfectionists, self-motivated and relentless until we get results
We communicate openly and honestly
We need playfulness and challenges
We excel at working across locations and cultures
We breathe through feedback
We put results and the team first
Sounds like a culture you would thrive in? Read on!
You will be working closely but autonomously within a team of 6 (and growing).
Most of the work is carried out in flexible mode- self-organized to reach team objectives, which are set together.