Hello there! makesense Lebanon is looking for a local consultant to carry out a mapping of innovative circular economy initiatives and start-ups in Lebanon.
The makesense Circular Economy program aims to re-mobilize the Lebanese society in order to develop solutions to the country’s chronic waste crisis. More specifically, the project aims to support leading social enterprises offering sustainable solutions for household solid waste treatment, as well as other projects and initiatives encouraging a more circular economy.
In order to foster innovation in the environmental sector and support collaborations, we aim to map and list all the actors related to the environmental and circular economy. We are looking for a consultant to support us in:
- Mapping the innovative start-ups and initiatives in private and public sectors, including their thematic interests and opportunities which align with makesense’s Circular Economy program;
- Give a general overview of the current state of innovative solutions and capacity in the country’s innovation hubs, leading companies, organizations and individuals;
- Conduct desk reviews, interviews with key stakeholders, qualitative data to be collected through calls or e-meetings with relevant initiatives, including start-ups, associations, foundations, agencies and other entities of relevance; and
- Feed our database (airtable) with all the data, in order to build the mapping report.
- Fluency in arabic, written and spoken English;
- Good knowledge and interest for the circular economy innovation landscape in Lebanon;
- Excellent communication skills, outspoken person - not afraid to call people, ask for information, digg the internet to find the relevant data and then validate it by contacting the entity;
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines;
- Previous experience in carrying out mapping considered a plus.
We expect the mission to need 2 days a week with for a duration of 1 month (could be extended) - fully flexible according to the applicant’s schedule and mission needs.