makesense brings together and supports engaged citizens, passionate entrepreneurs and forward-looking organizations to collectively tackle today’s social and environmental issues.
We help different stakeholders unlock their potential to create positive impact through customized pathways of engagement. For citizens, we offer ways to learn and take action. For entrepreneurs, we offer programs to help strengthen their projects. For organizations, we offer programs to innovate and transform their practices.
In 10 years, we have supported 6,000 entrepreneurs, 250,000 citizens and 200 organizations.
makesense is developed by a team of 80+ people in 8 offices around the world: Paris, Mexico, Dakar, Manila, Beyrouth, Lima, Delhi and Abidjan.
At MakeSense, we have been building since 2010 a team of talented people who are passionate about social innovation, citizen engagement and systemic change and wish to use their skills to solve the most pressing challenges of our society.
Who we are ?
makesense is a rapidly growing community of citizens, social innovations, and forward-thinking organisations building local solutions for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Our mission is to inspire and empower all these actors to build an inclusive and sustainable society together. We experiment on a daily basis new organizational models that put responsibility, autonomy, and benevolence at the heart of our interactions. Impact is the fuel of all our actions. We love to learn and share, everywhere and all the time. Like our community, all the challenges we identify turn into solutions built collectively.
Our concrete expertises :
-INSPIRE : we inspire citizens about social innovation and collective action to solve our society’s issues
-ENGAGE : we engage citizens to take action and support multiple projects using their skills, creativity and networks. We train them to be agents of change and take part in building the solutions
-ACCELERATE : we support entrepreneurs and organizations create entrepreneurial and collaborative projects and accelerate their projects-development and impact
-COLLABORATE : as we need everyone to overcome the challenges, we make all local actors collaborate to generate a collective impact
And in the Philippines?
We have been active in the Philippines for more than 5 years now. Our beautiful team has been supporting the development of more than 100 impact organizations that provide concrete support to more than 55,000 people every day. Moreover, one of our key mojo is to encourage and help the Asia youth volunteer and advocate for the causes they matter for. So far, we were able to engage more than 5,000 people in 13 countries in Asia with our youth leadership programs.
Some of our partners we worked with in Asia are: UNDP, WWF, Citi Foundation, Ashoka, ADB, Asia Foundation, Sanofi, Decathlon, Cisco, Asian Institute of Management, The French Embassy of Hong Kong, AIESEC, etc…
Currently the team is composed of 10 incredible talents: 8 Filipinos and 2 French people who are running the following programs:
- MKS Studio: The Asia content creation branch of makesense which has for mission to provide inspiring and educational contents such as podcasts, videos, articles etc… to encourage a monthly audience of more than 150,000 young individuals every month to join the impact movement
- MKS school: a training program initiating people to be part of the ecological and social transition
- Re_Action: an online program born out of the Covid-19 crisis enabling anyone to volunteer from home and help local communities get back on track (post lockdown) by providing access to basic services
- MKS Incubation: a program supporting the creation of social startups in the Philippines and the collaboration between these brand new startups and the local ecosystem of NGOs, corporates and institutions engaged on similar causes to answer the lack of existing solutions fighting inequalities and climate change
As a Strategic Partnership Manager of Makesense Philippines, your role will be very to strategize the fundraising efforts and build a strong network of partners, makesense will work with to strengthen the impact of its social innovation activities in the Philippines. You will work hand in hand with Makesense Philippines Development Director also based in Manila.
Your mission :
> Fundraising & financial partnership development (80%): Ensure the economic sustainability of the organization by developing new strategic alliances and sale of new projects with local players and international ones
> Co-create & conduct Makesense Philippines’s funding strategy, meaning identify, prospect, solicit and steward corporates, institutional and individuals donor to cover part of the local budget
> Encourage and facilitate collaborations with the other enablers of the Philippines social impact ecosystem
> Fundraising (50%)
Ensure the economic sustainability of the organization by developing new strategic alliances and sale of new projects with local players and international ones
Co-create & conduct Makesense Philippines’s funding strategy, meaning identify, prospect, solicit and steward corporates, institutional and individuals donor to cover part of the local budget
You are a natural leader and have a solid experience of over five years in a developing country (Asia is a plus) working as a Partnership Manager of an international NGO, social enterprise or multilateral institutions.
Other skills :
- You are super social and get your energy from social interactions
- Networking is your favorite hobby
- You’re autonomous and can easily report and synchronize with others
- You don’t mind working with flexible hours. Lots of events might happen in the evenings or weekends
- You have good teamwork and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively in a team setting, including a distributed team and online collaborations
- You are used to work in a multicultural environment and manage individuals who don’t have the same culture than you
- Being responsible for the growth of an organization is what motivates you in life
- Multitasking is a 2nd nature for you
- You are rigorous and can easily work in complex environments
- You have good knowledge in social innovation and civic engagement
- You speak fluently english and tagalog (french is a ++)
- You are comfortable talking in public and collaborating with top directors of multinational institutions
- You have good experience in fundraising and seeking for the money excite you
- You are professional and detail-oriented
Start: Nov 2020 - open to negotiation
Location : Manila, Philippines
Salary: 45,000 php net - open to negotiation based on the level of experience.
Level of experience: a minimum of 5 years of professional experience for an impact organization in a developing country
- Flexibility: in your work schedule. Opportunity to work remotely time to time.
- 4 weeks of paid holidays per year.
- The opportunity to work with a fast growing international team recognized by governments, companies and universities.
- Yearly trip to Paris, Makesense headquarter for trainings and seminars