Senior campaign communications
100% FTE - permanent contract - ENG
Are you looking for a new challenge and wish to really make a difference? Join us on one of the most important forefronts in the battle against climate change, reclaiming finance!
- We are a rapidly growing non-profit and are looking for an experienced and creative communications professional to lead and implement our communication strategy in support of our different campaigns.
- The full-time position is to be filled immediately, preferably in Paris, but another big European capital could be considered.
- You will work closely with another communication officer who is mainly focusing on digital communication. You will also work with the entire team of Reclaim finance, as well as with our French and international partners, starting with Friends of the Earth France, under the supervision of the managing Director.
- You are an English native speaker or perfectly bilingual.
We are the only French organization 100% focused on issues that are at the crossroad of finance and social and climate justice. Launched in 2020, Reclaim Finance has already emerged as one of the go-to organization of climate-related financial issues.
Affiliated with Friends of the Earth France, we aim at pushing the financial sector to work for sustainable societies. In the context of the climate emergency and biodiversity losses, one of Reclaim Finance’s priorities is to accelerate the de-carbonization of financial flows. Our method to get there: to snatch wins, one by one.
Reclaim Finance exposes the climate impacts of some financial actors, denounces the most harmful practices and puts pressure on financial institutions until they stop them. Pragmatic, we know how to build alliances with other players and put our expertise at the service of financial institutions and political decision makers who wish to transform their existing practices in order to align them with ecological imperatives.
Developing and implementing campaign communications strategies
- Create campaign frames, messages and talking points;
- Identify and make the most of campaign communication moments and flashpoints, including leveraging breaking news;
- Identify the targeted audiences and channels which are best suited for our campaign messages;
- Produce messaging briefs for partners around important events and moments;
- Ensure the coordination of messages and media releases with our partners, and in particular with Friends of the Earth France;
- Set up a dashboard to evaluate the effectiveness of communication actions with KPIs.
Engaging with and pitching to media
- Develop and maintain relations with journalists;
- Develop and pitch media stories to mainstream and niche finance industry media outlets;
- Organize press events;
- Disseminate reports, press releases and press kits;
- Create and update the press contact table;
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative reporting of media feedback.
- Keep a permanent monitoring of alerts and sensitive subjects;
- Work with the Reclaim Finance team and partner organizations to develop tailored communications material including reports, media news and other assets;
- Proofread and edit reports, press releases and other content prior to publication on the site (mainly in English);
- Contribute to the editorial and administrative coordination of the website as well as its evolution.
You will also support the other communication officer in the communication on social media.
You are an experienced communication professional with a knack for telling simple, powerful stories that synthesize complex issues and cut through a crowded media landscape. You are a leading source for proposals and a team player with interpersonal communications skills. You are precise and rigorous, can act fast and be flexible. You are passionate about fighting for climate justice.
- 5 years minimum communications experience;
- Proven ability to understand and analyze complex issues and communicate them clearly to targeted audiences;
- Proven ability to prepare and execute creative and effective campaign communications strategies;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and can produce content quickly;
- Media relations experience including pitching and landing top-tier media;
- English native speaker, with an excellent level of spoken and written French, or perfectly bilingual;
- Experience in climate, finance or clean energy a plus.
Terms and conditions
- The position is to be filled immediately;
- The position is preferably based in Paris 20th, with optional 1 to 2 days of weekly teleworking;
- Flexible hours during the week, the job can require availability during weeknights and weekends;
- Local transportation subscription is covered at 50%;
- Complementary Medical insurance is covered at 50%;
- Remuneration: depending on proven experience and internal salary grid.
- Possible development within the organization.