Lalilo is an EdTech Startup building a web-based app to help elementary teachers differentiate their reading instruction. Our vision is to support educators in the classroom by gathering pedagogy, design, and artificial intelligence in the most engaging learning platform. We believe teachers have the hardest, most impactful, and most important job in society - and we want to help them in their mission to help students. We also believe every student should be given every chance to succeed, and this starts by becoming a proficient reader.
Our tool is used monthly by more than 80,000 teachers as well as 700,000 students and growing! On the student side, students evolve through different worlds and collect treasures as they go. They complete exercises in phonics, sight words, word families, and comprehension. On the teacher side, detailed reporting allows teachers to better understand student strengths and areas of need. Educators can also print weekly reports and invite families to use the platform at home.
We are a team of 27 passionate, hard-working, and fun individuals based in Paris, New-York, and San Francisco.
About the position
We are looking for the first member of our Customer Support Team. We think of this role as having both operational and strategic dimensions. As the first member of our CSP team, you will set up an initial set of standards to be used by contractors/freelancers we hire seasonally to help with load increases. We use a Chat tool to receive and respond to messages from English- and French-speaking teachers and parents mostly in France and the US. Your missions:
- Ensure that every single message receives a quick, friendly and relevant reply (around 500 messages per day) in both language FR and EN - France, Canada, US;
- When possible, help users troubleshoot technical issues they are experiencing;
- Maintain a customer/user satisfaction score of more than 90%;
- Keep automatic replies up-to-date to reflect changes in product and processes to increase our CS efficiency;
- Maintain up-to-date and user-friendly FAQs;
- Participate in continuous improvements to our product by clearly and efficiently communicating any bugs, customer concerns, and feedback to the product team;
- Frequently re-evaluate and re-adjust settings to optimize our customer support tool (Intercom).
We believe that customer support is the most important position in Lalilo to improve the product and the customer experience. You will be the voice of Lalilo for many of our users. We want for users to continue to view our support as friendly, transparent, and efficient.
We’re looking for somebody who:
- Deeply cares about educators and can relate to them;
- Has outstanding verbal and written skills;
- Is very tech-savvy and able to thrive in a tech startup;
- Is extremely organized and structured, able to navigate in unstructured environments;
- Pays attention to detail and can multitask;
- Is excited by the idea of joining an early-stage startup.
- 2-4 years of customer support experience
- Detailed working knowledge of and comfort with Support Tool (Intercom, Zendesk..)
- Fluent in French and in English
- Experience in the K-5 (Primary School) industry
- Experience as an educator
- Compensation: competitive salary + stock options
- Outstandingly mission-based and fun work environment :)
- Paris-based position