Country Development Manager
Our mission is to contribute to inclusive cities where everyone feels at home and where diversity is championed. We do this by connecting newcomers with locals living in the same city through language groups, where everyone can apply to learn and/or share their language and culture, and community-organized events.
We are currently in 27 cities and we are working to strengthen our presence in Italy. That’s where you come in -- we are looking for someone to manage SPEAK Turin, and help us replicate SPEAK in Italy!
If you are an entrepreneur full of grit, ready to change the world, and want to be part of SPEAK's international expansion, this job might just be perfect for you.
Job description - what you will get to do:
- Identify, establish and manage partnerships with key stakeholders, such as local and national organizations;
- Define and implement a B2B sales strategy in Turin by uncovering and managing selling opportunities to companies by developing relationships with HR and CSR Directors and understanding well SPEAK’s value proposition;
- Manage and grow the community: recruit and train buddies and ambassadors; engage and support the local community in order to increase the project's impact;
- Define and implement a fundraising strategy for SPEAK in Italy;
- Implement and report on the social impact of the project and systematize the information;
- Achieve the KPIs defined for the project and guarantee that its objectives are accomplished;
- Identify and recruit new SPEAK founders to open and grow SPEAK in cities in Italy and support them;
- Market the project by implementing local promotional and dissemination actions both online and offline.
Main requirements - you should:
- Have a degree in Management, Business, Economics and/ or experience in project management;
- Have relevant project management experience, coupled with well-developed organisational, planning and analytical skills;
- Have a “hands on” approach and excellent problem solving skills - you will be required to work on a strategic and planning level as well as at an operational level;
- Be passionate about the three social S’s: social entrepreneurship, social innovation and social impact;
- Be highly self-motivated and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with multiple responsibilities and deadlines;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills both in Italian and English (other languages are a plus);
- Have a good sense of humor - and we are not even joking.
What else do you need to know?
- You will report to our COO;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.