At Sparknews, we believe that changing the world starts by changing the way we talk about it. To achieve this, we identify the most inspiring positive initiatives worldwide and share them with a wide network to amplify their impact and accelerate our transition towards a more sustainable world.
What we do
1. SOURCING and qualifying impactful initiatives via various networks and calls for projects. We currently have more than 4,000 projects from all over the world in our database.
2. SHARING these solutions during conferences and forums and with the widest audience possible via large scale media operations, including:
- Impact Journalism Day, with 50+ leading media in 50+ countries that publish supplements on the same day, together reaching over 100 million readers.
- Solutions&Co, with 20+ business newspapers worldwide. In 2016, it was about smart cities, in 2017 we were focusing on circular economy, in 2018 on business solutions for climate.
3. CREATING RELEVANT ECOSYSTEMS where we connect influencers, experts, business executives, policymakers, artists, social entrepreneurs and top journalists to build powerful communities.
What you will do
- Assist in managing and developing our platform aggregating solution-oriented articles and content for journalists - Spark-IT.
- Help produce a weekly newsletter on the content arriving on Spark-IT, and a monthly newsletter on impactful journalism, as well as documents, tutorials etc. on solutions journalism
- Source/check solution-oriented story ideas for international media programmes
- Contribute to the organisation of media events: sparkshows, learning expeditions, seminars, forums, workshops etc.
- Take an active part in developing strategies to support journalists/media organisations in adopting constructive/solution-oriented approaches in their coverage of today’s most pressing issues
- Bilingual speaker of French and English
- Works independently and have strong communication and writing skills
- Dynamic & rigorous
- Interested in new editorial approaches and formats
- Interested in current affairs and sustainable development
You’ll love this internship if you’re:
- Passionate about journalism
- Aware of editorial/journalistic requirements
- Excited about new journalistic formats & open to new ideas
- Able to work with an agile mind-set in an evolving, start-up environment
- Results driven and able to see your projects through to the end
- Journalism/International studies/Communication/Political Sciences
Location: Paris 9e
Starting date: ASAP