makesense brings together and supports engaged citizens, passionate entrepreneurs and forward-looking organizations to collectively tackle today’s social and environmental issues.
We help different stakeholders unlock their potential to create positive impact through customized pathways of engagement. For citizens, we offer ways to learn and take action. For entrepreneurs, we offer programs to help strengthen their projects. For organizations, we offer programs to innovate and transform their practices.
In 10 years, we have supported 6,000 entrepreneurs, 250,000 citizens and 200 organizations.
makesense is developed by a team of 80+ people in 8 offices around the world: Paris, Mexico, Dakar, Manila, Beyrouth, Lima, Delhi and Abidjan.
> At MakeSense, we have been building since 2010 a team of talented people who are passionate about social innovation, citizen engagement and systemic change and wish to use their skills to solve the most pressing challenges of our society. `
**Who we are ?**
makesense is a rapidly growing community of citizens, social innovations, and forward-thinking organisations building local solutions for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Our mission is to inspire and empower all these actors to build an inclusive and sustainable society together. We experiment on a daily basis new organizational models that put responsibility, autonomy, and benevolence at the heart of our interactions. Impact is the fuel of all our actions. We love to learn and share, everywhere and all the time. Like our community, all the challenges we identify turn into solutions built collectively.
Our concrete expertises :
-**INSPIRE** : we inspire citizens about social innovation and collective action to solve our society’s issues
-**ENGAGE** : we engage citizens to take action and support multiple projects using their skills, creativity and networks. We train them to be agents of change and take part in building the solutions
-**ACCELERATE** : we support entrepreneurs and organizations create entrepreneurial and collaborative projects and accelerate their projects-development and impact
-**COLLABORATE** : as we need everyone to overcome the challenges, we make all local actors collaborate to generate a collective impact
**And in the Philippines?**
We have been active in the Philippines for more than 5 years now. Our beautiful team has been supporting the development of more than 100 impact organizations that provide concrete support to more than 55,000 people every day. Moreover, one of our key mojo is to encourage and help the Asia youth volunteer and advocate for the causes they matter for. So far, we were able to engage more than 5,000 people in 13 countries in Asia with our youth leadership programs.
Some of our partners we worked with in Asia are: UNDP, WWF, Citi Foundation, Ashoka, ADB, Asia Foundation, Sanofi, Decathlon, Cisco, Asian Institute of Management, The French Embassy of Hong Kong, AIESEC, etc...
Currently the team is composed of 10 incredible talents: 8 Filipinos and 2 French people who are running the following programs:
- MKS Studio: The Asia content creation branch of makesense which has for mission to provide inspiring and educational contents such as podcasts, videos, articles etc… to encourage a monthly audience of more than 150,000 young individuals every month to join the impact movement
- MKS school: a training program initiating people to be part of the ecological and social transition
- Re_Action: an online program born out of the Covid-19 crisis enabling anyone to volunteer from home and help local communities get back on track (post lockdown) by providing access to basic services
- MKS Incubation: a program supporting the creation of social startups in the Philippines and the collaboration between these brand new startups and the local ecosystem of NGOs, corporates and institutions engaged on similar causes to answer the lack of existing solutions fighting inequalities and climate change
As a Country Development Director of Makesense Philippines, your role will be very transversal: support and strategize the fundraising efforts, engage the team with the long-term vision of makesense and operational strategy, and finally to take care of the legal and admin processes of the hub. You will share the leadership of the hub with 2 other local team members in charge of human resources and fundraising.
Your mission :
> Governance and strategy of the hub (20%)
- Lead strategic discussions to continuously improve the vision and strategy of the hub towards more systemic change and impact in collaboration with the Board of trustees, international development team based in France and your local co-directors
- Ensure the positioning of the organization as a leader and catalyst for social innovation, collaboration and citizen engagement
- Strengthen the relationships with the French network of corporates, institutions and NGOs based in The Philippines and other countries in Asia
- Support the development of Makesense activities in other countries in Asia
> Fundraising (50%)
- Ensure the economic sustainability of the organization by developing new strategic alliances and sale of new projects with local players and international ones
- Co-create & conduct Makesense Philippines’s funding strategy, meaning identify, prospect, solicit and steward corporates, institutional and individuals donor to cover part of the local budget
> Support to the operational team (15%)
- Co-design and improve with the operational team programs & projects bringing to the ground our vision
- Ensure qualitative delivery by the operational team of our programs & fields projects
- Manage the relationship with our funding partners to ensure good collaboration on the ground
> Admin and finances (15%)
- Ensure a fruitful legal, financial and administrative development of MakeSense Philippines by managing the finances and monthly transactions of the hub
- Manage the relationship with our partner accounting and law firm to ensure that makesense always respect the local government agencies requirements
- Coordinate salary payments and payrolls
You are a natural leader and have a solid experience of over five years in a developing country (Asia is a plus) working as a Country leader of an international NGO, social enterprise or multilateral institutions.
**Other skills :**
- You're autonomous and can easily report and synchronize with others
- You don’t mind working with flexible hours. Lots of events might happen in the evenings or weekends
- You are a team leader and are good at working in a collective setup,
- You have good teamwork and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively in a team setting, including a distributed team and online collaborations
- You are used to work in a multicultural environment and manage individuals who don’t have the same culture than you
- Leading major decisions and a team towards a common goal excite you
- Being responsible for the growth of an organisation is what motivates you in life
- Multitasking is a 2nd nature for you
- You are looking for a minimum 3 years contract in Asia/ a developing country
- You are rigorous and can easily work in complex environments
- You are an expert in social innovation, design thinking and agile methods
- You have good understanding of systemic change and collective action theories
- You speak fluently english and french (tagalog is a ++)
- You already managed budgets of more than 100,000 USD
- You are comfortable talking in public and collaborating with top directors of multinational institutions
- You have good experience in fundraising and seeking for the money excite you
Apply before July 31, 2020
Process of recrutement
- Send CV and a letter or video explaining why you would like to work on makesense and why you are a good candidate to Lea: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Case study submission (three hours of development)
- Three interview committees
1. Interview with the current Philippines Development Director
2. Interview with your future co-directors
3. Interview with a makesense co-founder in France
4. Discussion with the local senior project managers
4. Request for references
## Additional Information
Start: October 2020 - Before starting your mission, you will benefit from a 2 weeks training in France.
Location : Manila, Philippines
Salary: To be defined. Competitive based on your level of experience.
Level of experience: a minimum of 5 years of professional experience for an impact organization in a developing country
Others: Flexibility: in your work schedule. Opportunity to work remotely.
Freedom of development and project proposal.
4 weeks of paid holidays per year.
The opportunity to work with a fast growing international team recognized by governments, companies and universities.