Senior campaign communications manager
100% FTE - permanent contract - ENG
Are you looking for a new challenge and wish to really make a difference? Join us on one of the most important forefronts in the battle against climate change, reclaiming finance!
We are a rapidly-growing non-profit and are looking for an experienced and creative communications professional to lead and implement our communication strategy in support of our different campaigns. The full-time position is to be filled immediately, preferably in Paris.
You are a English native speaker or perfectly bilingual. You will work closely with the entire team of Reclaim finance, as well as with our French and international partners, starting with Friends of the Earth France, under the supervision of the managing Director.
Developing and implementing campaign communications strategies
- • Create campaign frames, messages and talking points;
- • Identify and make the most of campaign communication moments and flashpoints, including leveraging breaking news;
- • Determine the targeted audiences and channels (including social media and paid advertising) which are best suited for our campaign messages;
- • Produce messaging briefs for partners around important events and moments;
- • Ensure the coordination of messages and media releases with our partners, and in particular with Friends of the Earth France;
- • Set up a dashboard to evaluate the effectiveness of communication actions with KPIs.
- • Keep a permanent monitoring of alerts and sensitive subjects;
- • Create (or oversee all aspects of the production of) impactful communications materials for social media and the website including blog posts, short videos, infographics, and other visual assets;
- • Work with the Reclaim Finance team and partner organizations to develop tailored communications material including reports, media news and other assets;
- • Proofread and edits reports, press releases and other content prior to publication on the site (mainly in English);
- • Ensure the editorial and administrative coordination of the website as well as its evolution.
Engaging with and pitching to media
- • Develop and maintain relations with journalists;
- • Develop and pitch media stories to mainstream and niche finance industry media outlets;
- • Organize press events;
- • Disseminate reports, press releases and press kits;
- • Create and update the press contact table;
- • Carry out quantitative and qualitative reporting of media feedback.
Social media and web-marketing
- • Ensure the visibility on social networks, in particular Twitter and LinkedIn;
- • Pilot micro-targeting operations;
- • Ensure that the site is well referenced, and identify and develop relevant web partnerships.
You are an experienced communication professional with a knack for telling simple, powerful stories that synthesize complex issues and cut through a crowded media landscape. You are a leading source for proposals and a team player with interpersonal communications skills. You are precise, rigorous while being able to act fact and flexible. You are passionate about fighting for climate justice.
- • 5 years minimum communications experience;
- • Proven ability to understand and analyze complex issues and communicate them clearly to targeted audiences;
- • Proven ability to prepare and execute creative and effective campaign communications strategies;
- • Excellent writing and editing skills and can produce content quickly;
- • Media relations experience including pitching and landing top-tier media;
- • English native speaker, with an excellent level of spoken and written French, or is perfectly bilingual;
- • Serious skills in community management, particularly on the social networks Twitter and LinkedIn. Mastery of micromarketing technique and an ability to create social media materials (short videos, infographics, etc.) are a plus.
- • Experience in climate, finance or clean energy a plus.
Terms and conditions
- • The position is to be filled immediately;
- • The position is preferably based in Paris 20th, with optional 1 to 2 days of weekly teleworking;
- • Flexible hours during the week, the job can require availability during weeknights and weekends;
- • Local transportation subscription is covered at 50%;
- • Complementary Medical insurance is covered at 50%;
- • Remuneration: annual gross salary will range from 45k to 60k, depending on proven experience;
- • Possible development within the organization.