The LP4Y Alliance is a network of 18 local organizations dedicated to the professional and social insertion of excluded Young Adults (17-24) living in extreme poverty. The Alliance currently operates in 12 different countries.
Communication and Organization of LP4Y USA Events
Location: New York City
Mission object: LP4Y USA Events Coordination Support
As Events Coordination Support, you will provide support to the LP4Y US team in the planning and execution of various events to advocate for endangered youth inclusion, including but not limited to the annual LP4Y Benefit Gala (500 guests - $750,000 raised in 2019) and workshops. You will also be responsible for implementing the communication strategy.
For the Annual Benefit Gala, your responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate the interventions of Guests Speakers: Investigate and present potential guests profiles, support the visa process and transportation, schedule the various interventions during the event, edit support videos.
- Develop communication tools for the event, like brochures, social media animation and various tools to approach donors, in coordination with the Head of Communication and the LP4Y US Team.
- Manage the communication materials and equipments
- Assist with accounting and administrative tasks: invoicing, tax receipts and official forms for sponsors, follow up of the guest registration, reporting
- Assist with various logistics tasks, like gathering and transporting materials, setting up the room
- Use and maintain digital platforms to follow-up auctions (BidPal), manage donors and analyze donations (DonorPerfect), or other customer relationship management tools; monitor contracts for their use.
Responsibilities beside the annual gala:
- Assist LP4Y US Lab Coordinator with the development and organization of various events to advocate for endangered youth inclusion: meetings with partners (NGOs/companies/universities), forums and workshops to train trainers.
- Liaise with LP4Y US team on the events they organize
- Assist in the development of the fundraising strategy and tools
- Support the Lab’s communication strategy, in collaboration with the LP4Y international communication department (taking pictures during events, creating various communication tools etc.)
- Both flexible and organized
- At ease with prioritizing
- Able to travel in the US and abroad
- Comfortable with basic IT tools (PPT, mailing, excel, word). Knowledge of photoshop/indesign and video editing tools will be a plus.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
Spirit and Benefits:
The mission, which lasts 13 months, is renewable and can be followed by the opportunity to become a volunteer in Asia afterwards.
It will appeal to candidates who are passionate about development and event organization, having already acquired experience, preferably in a business setting. Successful candidates will be open, dynamic, passionate about communication and looking for an opportunity to develop their character and skills in a multi-cultural context. They will also enjoy transmitting their skills with humor, enthusiasm and will be keen team players, committed to making a real difference.
Monthly allowance and accommodation provided in the Lab.
Basic food, health insurance, transportation and phone load taken in charge.
Please send your resume and motivation letter both in English version to email@example.com
For more information go to www.lp4y.org