Local: Porto, Portugal
Our mission is to contribute to inclusive cities where everyone feels at home and where diversity is championed. We do this by connecting newcomers with locals living in the same city through language groups, where everyone can apply to learn and/or share their language and culture, and community-organized events.
We are currently in 22 cities and we are working to bring SPEAK to 100 cities until 2024. That’s where you come in -- we are looking for a Project Manager to help us enhance our impact!
You were born for helping other people and love to solve problems! You are passionate about people, you are sociable and easygoing but you still are a natural project manager and process improvement is something you enjoy. You understand that individuals have the power to change the world. You have good communication and persuasion skills or you want to develop them. You are ambitious, results-oriented, positive, energetic and self-disciplined. You do what needs to be done but always try to get the best out of every situation -- you know that it takes hard work, dedication and persistence to reach your goals.
Job description - what you will get to do:
- Identify and recruit new SPEAK founders to open and grow SPEAK in areas in the North region of Portugal and support them.
- Manage SPEAK Porto: identify, establish and manage partnerships, market the project, recruit and manage buddies and ambassadors and provide support to the community.
- Monitor and report progress towards the goals established for the North region of Portugal, including social impact and financial metrics.
Who you are:
- Have a degree in Social Sciences, Business, Management, Economics or experience in project management.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (other languages are definitely a plus).
- Self-motivated and driven. For you, identifying problems is just the start – what really drives you is coming up with solutions that will have an impact.
- Passionate about community, sociable and easy going. You enjoy speaking in public and you love engaging people.
- Results-oriented and you always deliver high-quality work on time.
- Passionate about the 3 S’s: social entrepreneurship, social innovation and social impact.
- Enjoy fast-paced environments with multiple responsibilities and tight deadlines where prioritization is key.
- Have a good sense of humour (and we are not even joking!).
What else do you need to know?
- This is an entry-level role based in Porto;
- You will report to our COO
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week
To apply for this position, send us an email to email@example.com with your CV, title, and the location of the position.
Also send us a short video (maximum 2 min long) letting us know who you are, why are you applying for this position and why you want to be part of SPEAK.