Programme coordinator intern
Founded in 2015 by Mike Butcher (Tech Crunch), Techfugees is an impact-driven global organisation aimed at building a sustainable ecosystem of "tech for refugee" solutions and with them & supporting the inclusion of refugees and displaced people into the tech industry. Thanks to its worldwide community of volunteers, Techfugees deploys its activities, programmes and events, including dozens of hackathons and the Global Summit & Challenges across the five continents.
As part of the Techfugees HQ team (3 people) based in Paris at Station F, the world’s biggest startup campus, the #TF4Women Programme Coordination Intern will work with the Head of Impact & New Projects (Mas Mahmud) to support the execution and impact delivery of the #TF4Women Fellowship Programme, a six months long programme aimed at accelerating the inclusion of female refugees into tech roles.
In particular, the intern will be in charge of coordinating various stakeholders for the #TF4Women Fellowship Programme: fellows, mentors, trainers, social workers and third-party venue partners involved in the programme - and ensure that the programme runs smoothly.
The intern will support the Head of Impact & Special Programmes with the following missions:
Event facilitation, Logistics & Admin:
- Event facilitation: assist with the facilitation of various training, mentoring and networking sessions and oversee each phase of the events to ensure it runs smoothly;
- Event logistics: Booking venues, preparing the logistics for each event & specific venue, setting the venue and abiding by the venues’ rules & security concerns;
- Information to participants: sending invitations to all participants in time, replying efficiently in time with the right information, gathering information from various sources and preparing all documents ready to run the event, keeping all public information in one place, organised, accessible to all;
- Administrative tasks: keeping all confidential information (contracts, interview notes, fellows’ IDs, budget & expenses) up to date, in order and safe, reporting to the team on admin tasks action points, keeping the agenda rhythm of the programme and reminding the team about timeline & security & logistical concerns.
Team support and strategic thinking:
- Support the head of impact with design of calendar of the programme & content;
- Support volunteers and the programme’s team with interviews and selection process;
- Special events initiative: supporting the team with ideas for the graduation party as well as the dinner for partners and sponsors.
Impact measurement & Improvement:
- Report: address the team of any difficulties, feedback so we can re-adjust the programme, improve it straight away;
- Monitoring: observing the progress made by women by collecting data points all along the programme;
- Evaluation: designing forms for the fellow and mentors and partners to give their feedback on the programme.
- At least two years of university studies or a degree/diploma in international relations, communication, migration, project management, public relations, or related field;
- Previous experience in a comparable role preferred (event organising and managing various participants);
- Proficiency in Trello, Microsoft Office, Spreadsheet and project management;
- Ability to set and work within timeline;
- Great attention to details, analytical, pragmatic mind as well as being independent;
- Proficient in written and spoken English and French;
- Share Techfugees’ values: feeling concerned by the challenges faced by refugees and displaced people across the world but not desiring to save the world! Only to contribute and hold a safe space for people that were not lucky by birth and nationality.
How to apply?
- All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org, with the vacancy title in the subject line;
- Deadline for receiving applications is 8th of May 2020;
- The internship will be paid in accordance with the legal minimum French standards;
Starting asap, Based in Paris, France (Techfugees is part of Station F’ Founders Program) Remote work is possible and obligatory until the end of quarantine measures.