Emitwise – Software Engineer
Emitwise is a fast-growing start-up that uses machine learning to help large businesses monitor and manage their carbon footprint in real-time. Our mission is to help facilitate the global transition towards carbon neutrality. We need unique perspectives from diverse people to transform how companies around the world visualise, track and reduce their carbon emissions.
We believe the most impactful change to the way companies strategize in the near future, is going to come from their ability to easily understand the carbon cost of their past and future actions. Realising new technologies and integrations with a host of systems to make strategic decisions is what will drive companies to achieve a carbon neutral world.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, you will have ownership and autonomy over large architectural decisions, design, and deployment of services.
As a Software Engineer at Emitwise, you will work alongside a product and carbon accounting team to empower our customers to reduce their carbon emissions. You will frequently find yourself operating with new languages, concepts and solving fascinating problems.
Your work would be critical to Emitwise’s mission success.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Help shape the future of a fast-growing Engineering team
You'll be based in London with the rest of the team. We welcome international applications who are willing and able to relocate, and will cover reallocation expenses.
- You will have the interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- You will utilise your experience in front and back-end programming languages to develop our web products
- You will utilise your back-end and machine learning skills to develop our automatic carbon accounting system
- You will utilise your knowledge of scalable infrastructure to deploy our products and ensure they’re always available for our customers
- You will have experience working on Unix / Linux environments
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Willingness to work rigorously to meet tight deadlines and help sustain the organisation’s high-growth habits
- You will establish technical requirements from our product team
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working in a fast-growing start-up environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate interested in being at the forefront of building a socially responsible digital economy.
The organisation offers a strong flexible working policy.
Fair and generous equity is available and will be discussed as part of the application.
If you have the required skills, please email us at Cliquez sur candidater pour accéder aux informations.