Are you an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and result-oriented professional committed to contribute to building thriving communities in partner countries in the global south? Cordaid is now looking for a Bid Manager to join its dynamic team in The Hague, the Netherlands.
As Bid Manager, you are responsible for developing high competitive bids supporting Cordaid’s vision and mission, increasing the success rate of submissions to key accounts, contributing to the organization’s external relations management for securing its position in the market.
Cordaid works to end poverty and exclusion. We do this in the world’s most fragile and conflict-affected areas. We engage communities to rebuild trust and resilience and increase people’s self-reliance. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. Cordaid is one of the leading Civil Society Organizations in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Private Sector Development, Humanitarian Aid and Security & Justice. Cordaid has over 500 staff, working at Global Office in the Netherlands and in offices across the most fragile countries in the world. Within Cordaid we work on the basis of trust, accountability, cooperation and solution orientation.
As Bid Manager, you will join the External Relations & Business Development department, and manage deliverables of a bid team; which consists of a multidisciplinary team of program staff, thematic experts, budgeting staff, both from Global Office and Country Offices (depending on the bid). You will report to the Manager External Relations & Business Development, and will be responsible for the following:
· Forming and leading bid teams according to the Cordaid project based working method;
· Assuring optimal result high quality competitive bids;
· Developing bid plans and assuring timely and qualitive implementation of the bid plans.
· Actively coaching and supporting team members from the bid teams on contribution and content;
· Signaling timely problems and proactively engaging with staff to ensure planned results.
· Engaging with potential and selected partners;
· Negotiating pre-bid agreements and/or MOU's;
· Managing the consortia in the bid developing stage;
· Ensuring high quality inputs from all stakeholders;
· Contracting and managing external consultants and other stakeholders;
· Proactively engaging with potential partners before the calls come out.
· Based on available criteria, assuring compliance and availability of relevant documentation according to standards of the donor;
· Making sure donors are supplied with all the necessary information throughout the bid process.
Training & Coaching
· Coaching and training bid managers from the Country Offices and program department to become better performers in the bids they manage;
· Evaluating bid management processes and sharing lessons learned with relevant stakeholders;
· Coaching bid managers to effectively use procedures, compliance to specific donors, etc.
· Conducting joint contract negotiations with the future project leader when the bid is won;
· Identifying potential risk and proposing mitigating measures;
· Assuring that the contract is financially viable and implementation is doable.
Closing Bid Process
· Identifying and analyzing lessons learned;
· Recommending improvements in the bid process;
· Assuring the follow of these recommendation and learnings.
· Contributes to relation management in alignment with the Relationship Manager, following agreed account and task division;
· Assuring regular contact with clients to understand their priorities;
· Building knowledge on policies and priorities of the specific donors;
· Developing a relevant network in the donor community.
Cordaid is looking for committed people who believe in its approach and want to be 100% committed to its goal: building thriving communities. Are you enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and result-oriented? Are you decisive in a sometimes hectic environment, are you a team player and do you think in terms of solutions? Then we are looking for you!
For this position, you also have:
· Knowledge of a relevant area at a masters level (humanitarian aid, healthcare, education, resilience, security and justice, investments, private sector development);
· A clear track record in successful bid management with large donors with funds available for NGOs (like the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Commission, the World Bank, the Global Fund etc.);
· Experience in leading and representing bid project teams;
· Social/communication skills to communicate and negotiate with large institutional donors and consortia partners at senior level;
· Writing skills to formulate bid project plans and proposals;
· Team player, eager to collaborate and co-create with Cordaid colleagues worldwide, following the Cordaid core values.
· Understanding of the mission and vision, goals, structure, program strategies and regions of Cordaid.
· English proficiency, knowledge of French is a pre.
What is offered
· A stimulating position in an inspiring workplace at an international organization where meaning, creativity and entrepreneurship are important;
· Opportunities for personal development, through courses, training or coaching;
· 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension;
· A gross monthly salary of at least € 3,469.- up to at the most € 5,015.- based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience;
· A 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance.
How to apply
Han Valk – Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English to Claire Barthet, at email@example.com, before March 1st, 2020, midnight (CET). Please mention the name of the position in the subject line.
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who are based in the Netherlands - or willing to relocate - and who have a valid residence and work permit in the country.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!