Bridge for Billions is a digital ecosystem for early-stage entrepreneurs around the world to impulse their projects. We offer a program based on three pillars: a top-notch methodology, the support of a personal mentor, and an international community of entrepreneurs to share this experience with.
Bridge is a New York - Madrid SaaS social startup (listed as Forbes 30 Under 30 and Ashoka Fellows) that works closely with entrepreneurs, corporates, foundations, universities, and governments around the world to co-create program that fit their needs.
Can you imagine yourself working to help ensure that entrepreneurs from around the world can make their ideas a reality? Do you dream of working in a multicultural environment where you learn something new and exciting every day? Want to be driven by an overarching mission?
We’re an up-and-coming startup with a young and family-like work environment with continuous learning opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, people-oriented, hands-on and detail-oriented Program Support intern to join our operations team.
Want to be our new Program Support Intern for our Incubation Program? Keep on reading!
/// JOB MISSION ///
Work hand in hand with the Incubation Manager, Operations and Product teams to support entrepreneurs and mentors all along their incubation program. Ensure our users from several programs from Bridge for Billions, as well as our corporate clients, have the best possible experience by identifying clients needs to deliver adequate solutions, as well as provide email and chat support, gathering their feedback, and improving processes and communication.
/// CONTRIBUTIONS ///
1) Support during Incubation Program (60%)
Contribute to the on-boarding process of our entrepreneurs and mentors.
Assist the Incubation Manager with the management of the matching process—where our entrepreneurs and mentors team up.
Provide support to users through email and live chat all throughout the program.
Track entrepreneur teams’ progress during incubation.
Provide detailed updates about different programs’ health to the Bridge team as well as our corporate clients.
Identify issues quickly and come up with suggestions on how to solve them for the program to run smoothly and provide the desired results.
2) Optimization of program processes (30%)
Plan and improve program communications, processes, and messaging.
Support in creating video content to streamline the management of the program.
Improve systems to collect and analyze feedback from our entrepreneurs, mentors, program managers and clients.
Test new platform functionalities with new and existing users.
Benchmark our platform’s functionalities against other products.
Assist the Product Manager into organizing users’ needs into future projects.
3) Selection of entrepreneurs (10%)
Coordinate the selection of entrepreneurs hand in hand with the Selection Manager for each new cohort.
Support applicants and their queries.
Improve selection processes.
/// SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED ///
At Bridge for Billions, we are convinced that people are the differentiating factor in the success of any company and we believe that talent is more than just knowledge. It’s expressed in attitudes and the ability to relate with other teams and people.
For all Bridge team members:
A REAL entrepreneurial spirit - ready to train yourself and crave a fast-paced environment.
You take initiative, you’re results-driven and you show empathy in all your interactions with team members, entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners.
Passion for your work and for lifelong learning.
Resilience to overcome the challenges that we have to face.
For this role in particular:
Native-like level in BOTH English & Spanish (please refrain from applying if that's not your case, for this position we cannot compromise on this and intermediate levels are not enough)
Someone who's passionate about communicating and interacting with users: a good communicator.
Strong organizational and coordination skills: you will have a lot of different types of responsibilities, so it is essential to be able to stay organized.
You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
You LOVE people and networking, you’re not intimidated to reach out to new people in the entrepreneurial space.
Extraordinary attention to detail: you test things yourself before making them go public, you dislike when your work has imperfections.
At ease with data.
Good writing skills, ability to have a friendly yet professional tone and to deliver information efficiently.
Digital proficiency, you like testing new tools and improving processes.
Resourcefulness and good common sense to approach problems efficiently.
Passion about entrepreneurship.
Additional languages in particular French or Portuguese are a plus.
Completed or currently pursuing studies in business, marketing, engineering, data science or similar disciplines.
Previous experience with customer support, program, or account management are a plus. More than any specific skills, we are most of all looking for an individual passionate about - and who believes in - the power of entrepreneurship, communities and global connections!
At ease with tech tools such as Trello, Slack, Google Drive, or eager to learn and a quick learner.
Good grasp of Excel.
/// RECRUITMENT PROCESS & WHAT WE OFFER ///
• Process: 30min first contact, business case, reference check and offer
• Location: Madrid, Spain
• Start date: as soon as possible (max Jan 2020)
• Duration: Minimum 3 months — Ideally 6 months
• Contract type: Internship, possibility for the role to become full time depending on performance
What we offer:
• A role with great freedom to initiate your own ideas and deliver the most amazing possible program to our entrepreneurs, mentors and corporate partners.
• Compensation of 500€ per month
• An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision in a fast-growing social enterprise.
• Work on something that matters, contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world.
• Position based in Madrid, we have cool offices in the heart of the city (with the best terrace where we have lunch every day!)
• The chance to shape the company by taking on a key role from an early stage.
• We also love to grab lunch together and talk about what awesome weekends we’ve had! Only one rule: no shop talk at the lunch table! Long hours of work, but also of fun and beers (or sodas if beer’s not your thing) together!
• Flexible working hours and optional remote days.
• Flexible vacation policy as long as objectives are met.
• Team that cares about your wellbeing.
Ready to join?