RNW Media is now looking for a full-time Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Manager to join a dynamic team in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
As PMEL Manager with a passion for and background in data, you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You are accountable for measuring the impact of RNW Media’s programs and RNW Media’s training center (RNTC) using data collection, research, analysis and learning. You are pragmatic, pro-active, impact-driven and open minded.
About RNW Media
RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. It uses online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through its platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
The millions of young people who visit RNW Media’s platforms and engage with them and each other, provide important insights on the issues that matter to them and the needs they have. RNW Media’s PMEL team collaborates with country teams and strategic partners to analyse these insights and bring the evidence of young people’s views and needs to the attention of decision- and opinion-makers.
As PMEL Manager, you will join the Programs & Implementation department, and manage the PMEL team; which consists of PMEL Specialists, Data experts (currently 9 people). You will report to the Director of Digital Programs. You work closely with the Digital Manager, Program Managers and Regional Managers, and will be responsible for the following:
· Translating RNW Media’s strategic and programmatic direction and objectives into PMEL (multi-year) plans, goals, and policies;
· Overseeing the development, setting-up and implementation, execution, maintenance and/or management of PMEL processes, methodologies, tools and systems. Herewith ensuring effective information management, data collection, analysis and reporting to demonstrate the progress and impact of RNW Media’s programs;
· Overseeing the collection of data in the different online platforms and supporting in its analyses and use;
· Setting up a strategic learning agenda for RNW Media’s programs;
· Overseeing and ensuring the design, implementation and realization of baseline(s), mid-term(s) and end of project evaluation(s), surveys and other components of the PMEL system.
Your pro-active way of working, by means of which you are a real team player, makes you a truly valued colleague. Besides this, you have a hands-on mentality, are persuasive, accurate and have excellent planning and organisational skills.
You also have:
· Preferably a Masters’ degree in international development (social sciences, information sciences), development economics or related);
· At least 7 years of professional experience in planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (PMEL) in an international development context, preferably with SRHR and Human Rights/Democracy programs;
· Experience in managing a team of experts;
· Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative (digital) research methods;
· Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
· Experience with and/or a certificate for Product Ownership are considered valuable assets;
· Experience of working with external consultants, researchers, academics, and strategic partners; and
· Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or French is considered an asset.
What we offer
· A stimulating position within a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries;
· An informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work;
· An office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk;
· 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension;
· A gross monthly salary of at least € 3,702.- up to at the most € 5,221.- based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience.
How to apply
Han Valk – Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English to Claire Barthet, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the name of the position in the subject line.
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who are based in the Netherlands - or willing to relocate - and who have a valid residence and work permit in the country.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!