🤔 Substra Foundation, what is it? 🤔
Substra Foundation is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the development of trustworthy data science ecosystems. It promotes, protects and advances the open source project Substra that enables by-design secure, traceable, distribute machine learning orchestration. Substra Foundation aims to:
- Gather feedback on Substra usage
- Synthese improvement wishes and proposing a common development roadmap
- Host the Substra Github repository
- Animate reflections on new collaboration practices
- Propose ideas to foster responsible data science
Substra Framework’s current main contributor is Owkin, a fast-growing health data AI startup, a core partner to Substra Foundation, which dedicates a full tech team to the development of the software first version. Substra Foundation's goal is to federate and animate an active community of contributors and users of the Substra framework.
🤜 Your missions! 🤛
Substra Foundation is a new adventure (founded in May 2018), with an exploratory field in AI, ML, and data science full of immense possibilities!
To help us, we are looking for a Professional Communications Masters Student for a 6-month internship who will be able to accompany us on different subjects and communications activities initiated through the organization.
The main objectives will be as follows:
- Contribute to steering the communication plan of MELLODDY, a 3-year European research project with a 17-partner consortium, piloting a first-time collaboration in drug discovery on an unprecedented amount of data.
- Day to day management of the Substra Foundation social media and online community accounts.
- Maintain the editorial calendar, content pipeline, and activities as initiated by the “Communications Workgroup” (this includes editing, posting, & promoting blogs; newsletters and other content, and more).
- Assist in event planning and logistics.
- Support the development of a sponsorship and fundraising program.
- Maintain messaging alignment across content categories, updating documents as needed.
In addition to these identified missions, you will have the opportunity to participate in the various topics of Substra Foundation, according to your curiosity and the needs of the association!
As we are a start-up nonprofit we expect that our interns are comfortable with a bit of autonomy-- though, you will be mentored by a member (or members) of our staff through all the objectives of you internship.
🙋♀ Your profile! 🙋♂
- You are completing a masters degree in communications and looking for a six-month internship.
- You have impeccable writing and editing skills, and can support French to English translations.
- You enjoy developing new ways to tell complex stories to the world.
- You are all in for fostering interesting and productive communities, in person, and definitely in the digital space.
- You have an interest or experience with communications associated with nonprofits, sponsorship, and fundraising.
- You have an interest in and maybe a bit of experience in tech.
- You are rigorous, have a keen attention to detail, are not afraid to be analytical, and are eager to dive deep with subjects.
- You love collaborative work: you share your ideas, but you also listen to others. You give and welcome feedback.
- Open Source interests you.
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain ... you're curious about all these topics far beyond simple buzz words.
- Trusted Data Science, Data Privacy, AI Ethics and Responsibility ... these concepts resonate within you.
- Working in a small team on a human scale spread over different sites is acceptable to you.
- You speak and write fluently in English. French fluency or intermediate level is a huge bonus.
🤟 Why join Substra Foundation? 🤓
- 🤓 Join an association of dedicated experienced specialists with various skills: entrepreneurs, Machine Learning and AI experts, data science researchers, experienced project managers, and communications professionals
- 🚀 Work on exciting hot topics in the tech field, with actionable results--not just fluff.
- 🧠 To have a first semi-entrepreneurial experience, utilizing various skills and knowledge, with responsibility and autonomy.
- 👩🏻🔬Work in the heart of Paris, in La Paillasse, eco-citizen laboratory!
* Now accepting applications for a January 2020 start date.
*This position offers the typical compensation for an internship in France.