Earthworm Foundation is an international fast growing and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated
Member manager- based in Lille
with experience in Ocean or sea products and if possible a link with retailer businesses, excellent communication and writing skills, passionate about working with members to generate value and interested in a career with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market.
The Member manager is Lille based and is keen to drive innovation at the French and International level by working collaboratively with members such as French retailers or Tuna canneries in order to improve the way they are purchasing.
The Member manager will continuously seek working with members in order to drive changes. He/she should be a self-starter and innovator.
He/she will work with French retailers and seafood importers in order to improve practices and drive change.
The Member manager will work in a team, in close collaboration with the Earthworm Foundation member manager and the all French office.
About Earthworm Foundation
Earthworm Foundation currently has presence in 19 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ 230 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
· A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
· A dynamic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
· The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
Responsibilities and Scope
· Work in close relationship with French retailers, helping implementing supply chain projects in order to drive change
· Help to coordinate global program with existing members
· Work with Ocean leader in order to help implement and deliver on the main Ocean program, especially on the TUPA (Tuna working group)
· Develop new partnership around running and new programs
· Work in good collaboration with the other french office staff
· Coordonate the work with Earthworm foreign offices in Latam, US, India and Africa
Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree and 5-years of experience in business, marketing, or with supply chain management.
· Experience negotiating and working with the private sector including small and large businesses, civil society, and government actors.
· An experience with retailers will be welcome
· Experience working with Ocean and seafood program
· Minimum of 5 years relevant business or non-profit experience, with increasing responsibilities in program management.
· Strong organizational and negotiation skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple interrelated tasks.
· Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to navigate tough negotiations, and build strong relationships.
· French proficiency
· English proficiency
· Spanish will be welcome
· Passion for working on issues related to sustainability, resilience, and supply chains.
· Hands-on, practical, innovative.
· Flexibility, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude.
· Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
· Committed to Earthworm Foundation values:
o Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
o Entrepreneurial spirit;
o Open collaboration and communication;
o Respect for each other.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
· Based in Lille office
· Some trips to Paris, Spain, Ecuador and Ivory coast
· Permanent contract
· Immediate start.
· EU citizenship/valid work authorization required.