Founded in 2004, Gymglish creates fun adaptive learning courses for languages and more based on regular sessions to optimize long term gains and memorization. Our objective: to offer effective digital education to learners worldwide, a more enjoyable user experience with better knowledge retention.
Gymglish is now opening new areas of training with the Gymglish Studio offer.
Our online courses are used by more than 4,000,000 users worldwide, 6,000 companies, 400 language schools and universities. Our team is made up of 45 people, of 20 different nationalities (25 languages) and we are all passionate about languages and innovation. We are based in Paris with satellite offices in Bordeaux and Tel Aviv (see more here).
Following the company’s recent growth and the development of new offers, Gymglish is keen to increase the size of its Project Management team and is recruiting a Project Manager. The hired person will be involved in multiple projects, both internally and with external partners. As a Project Manager, you will join a team of three people and work closely with the company’s Project Director.
You will manage (mainly IT) projects for our teams, from strategic planning to delivery: specification, prioritization, negotiation of deadlines, allocation of human resources, creating roadmaps and regular project monitoring and tracking. This will include (amongst others):
- Working closely and collaborating with the Sales, Support, Marketing and Content teams to assess and define needs, before preparing a set of clear specifications and coordinating the execution of the projects with our Technical team (software engineers).
- Suggesting and creating basic wireframe design, if necessary with the help of our Design team (and tools like Balsamiq and Sketch amongst others)
- Documenting and reporting your projects using Project Management tools (we use Basecamp and JIRA)
- Organizing meetings, tracking and communicating on project progress
- Helping to prioritize company projects
- Improving internal tools and processes and identifying key areas of improvement.
- Escalating blocking points, risks and problems to your management
Each project will need excellent preparation, specification, execution and communication skills, with both the concerned teams but also the company stakeholders.
- a great amount of energy and willingness to accomplish ambitious projects in a growing and ambitious company
- excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with different teams and different people
- excellent communicator
- great organizational skills and comfortable with multitasking
- skills in doing explicit wireframe designs and clear specifications
- thorough and great capacity to synthesize
- at least 2-3 years of experience in Project Management (ideally in an IT company)
- fluent in English (speaking and writing) and good overall French level
- mastering common IT tools (Google Suite, Project Management tools, ...)
Nice to have
- interest in web innovation and education
- familiar with web marketing and business KPI monitoring tools
- interest in online learning, pedagogy and popularization of knowledge
- IT knowledge (web/mobile, architecture et, .)
- experience in creating IT/software products
- knowledge of UX
We are looking for candidates able to be passionate, to get involved, to spontaneously learn new things, and motivated to work within a medium-sized and international company.
Step 1: Answer this quick online survey. Only candidates who have submitted the form will be eligible for Step 2.
Step 2: Interview with the Project Director, the CMO and the CTO.
Step 3 (optional): If we have more than one candidate shortlisted, we will organize a final interview with CEO + coffee/drinks with the team (depending on the time of the day!)
Why you should apply / additional information
- Join a growing Fand very ambitious French company in the e-learning industry
- International team of over 20 nationalities and approx 45 employees
- Stylish fully renovated offices located near Reuilly Diderot metro station (Paris 12)
- Contract :CDI, permanent contract
- Remuneration: fixed salary depending on profile and previous experience + employee savings plan + profit-sharing plan
- Perks: Lunchr cards (meal vouchers), weekly yoga lessons, a gym right next to the office, and more!
- Availability: ASAP