United Fund for Belgium
For more than 45 years, ASBL United Fund for Belgium has provided help to disadvantaged people everywhere in Belgium.
United Fund for Belgium helps companies, operating in Belgium and wishing to support social causes, to get in touch with one or more carefully selected local social projects, to contribute to better social integration in Belgium.
UFB enables donors, together with their stakeholders, to have a concrete and lasting social impact, and to create a sense of community, locally. The organization collects donations from companies, organizations and individuals. 100% of the funds collected are fully redistributed to local charities throughout Belgium to finance concrete projects.
UFB finances exclusively projects that contribute to social integration:
- Child welfare
- Support to people (children and adults) with disabilities
- Fight against poverty
United Fund for Belgium is recruiting for the position of “Project Manager Allocations, Communication and Fundraising”. You are the contact person acting as the link between the charity associations and United Fund for Belgium. The files for application for support are introduced to you. You review them, you verify the compliance with our criteria and organize the follow up. You visit some charity associations each year. You have an excellent knowledge of the projects supported by UFB which allows you to propose to the corporate donors projects in line with their activities when they wish to support a specific project. You carefully manage the database with all the contacts of the charity associations. Furthermore you are coordinating the team of volunteers who are in charge of visiting each association. You organize meetings, take minutes and make sure everybody is up to date. You are also in charge of organizing volunteering activities inside organizations. You keep an update list with activities and organize the whole day for different donor companies.
You prepare all communication materials: PowerPoint presentations, printed material, roll up… You write content for the website, you create content for newsletters and social media and you regularly publish. You organize yearly with the team events for the collection of funds (Golf, 20km of Brussels…). You track the promotional activities allowing for fundraising (Sale of chocolates…) and you imagine new ones. You represent the association during fundraising meetings or during follow-up meetings with donors.
You are flexible and you like to learn. You are committed and ready to take the ownership of the projects from A to Z. You are communicative and patient. You are not scared to talk in front of a crowd. You are a multitasker and are able to follow up on different projects in parallel.
- Motivated, enthusiast and passionate about the associative/not for profit world.
- Strong values with interest in social activities and corporate social responsibility.
- Professional experience of 2 years as communication officer or as administrative officer passionate about communication.
- Experience in (on line) creative and pertinent content creation.
- Expertise in social media and in contemporary communication tool use.
- Perfect command of the MS Office pack and of the management of a database. Knowledge about Sales Force is an asset.
- Basic skills in video editing, photography and graphic design.
- Competences in project management and organization of events.
- Trilingual FR/NL/EN.
- Organized, with a good sense of priorities.
- Likes to make work fun, and to create a spirit of cooperation.
- Learns best by trying out a new skill alongside other people.
- Outgoing nature and natural attention to others.
Attitude and behavior
Capacity to work in team - Self-reliance - Good communication - Organizational skills and sense of responsibility - Rigor and precision - Creativity - Adaptability .
- A full time permanent contract with an In-Service date as soon as possible.
- A competitive salary.
- A job which has a societal sense in a small and enthusiast team.
- A real balance between private and professional life.
- A varied function at the heart of the projects of United Fund for Belgium.
- A diverse, open and creative work environment which will allow you to develop your talent, to learn and to get involved in the associative world.
- A pleasant work place in the SWIFT headquarters in La Hulpe also accessible with the train and availability at the co-working SIlversquare in Brussels.