Consulting services in the management, monitoring and evaluation of projects implemented as part of agricultural and rural development policies in Africa, South America and the Caribbean.
Clients are private sector consulting companies as well as multi-lateral donors such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank.
After developing my own activity over the past 2.5 years, I am ready to expand my business and would like to partner/associate with someone with a similar while complementary profile to mine.
Tasks and responsibilities
I am looking for someone to share the following responsibilities with (first on a freelance basis, with possibility of conversion into a contract or partnership):
- Business development (develop pipeline, expand pool of clients, especially in France/Europe, stay on top of clients’ priorities and policy imperatives);
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Contribute to analytical products, such as analysis plans, reports, research articles; and
- Field missions to project locations to collect data, meet and deal with clients and stakeholders, present results.
- Master’s degree in a social or behavioral science or statistics/data science. Alternatively, Bachelor’s degree + min. 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative research data; ability to conduct data cleaning and statistical analysis of survey data using software such as STATA, SPSS or R.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French.
- Experience conducting field missions abroad and willingness to travel to project countries for short missions.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in agriculture, rural development, environmental questions.
Required Personal Qualities
- A self-starter and independent worker
- Makes things happen and keeps the project on schedule
- Feels personally responsible for the success of a project
- Is transparent and precise in handling data (the expectation is no mistakes and proper documentation of all data work)
- Takes responsibility for the planning and structuring of his/her work, sets priorities and makes realistic assumptions about time
- Is resourceful and proposes solutions/fixes to problems (and alternatives if a proposed solution does not work)
- Produces outputs that meet professional standards (correct language, spelling, formatting, and good organization)
- Consulting experience
- Experience conducting market studies
- Academic writing and presentation skills
- Data science
Any time from now.
Ideally based in Paris, remote locations possible as well.