Head of Department
- You will be responsible for the supervision and development of the WASH/Energy & Energy Efficiency department;
- Lead the current projects and research papers;
- You will be responsible for managing and delivering projects and providing expert advice to a range of clients from NGOs to private organisations;
- You will be in charge of business development and sales;
- You will be responsible for managing, undertaking and developing a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients along with helping to expand our work in South-East Asia. The work is likely to be varied across the sector and may include undertaking market studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realising feasibility studies, designing, implementing and managing projects...
Sevea being a SME, all employees are asked to contribute to the internal life of the company, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimizing internal processes to run it more efficiently. Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development. From time to time, you will be asked to take part in the commercial development of the company, especially by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organizations from the development sector and by developing new offers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics or political science. Mixed profile is an asset.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in the WASH or Renewable Energy or Energy Efficiency sector with experience in a consulting firm and at least 1 year in senior management;
- Experience conducting market researches, sectoral studies, analyse large datasets and carry out quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Experience to answer to calls for proposal and grants and to write studies;
- Experience to design, implement and manage project (teams, budget, subcontractors...)
- Former experience in South-East Asia, especially Cambodia is an asset.
- Able to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects. The successful applicant will be expected to be comfortable interacting with a range of clients and should be an effective communicator;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Willingness to ‘muck-in’ and carry out all types of tasks as necessary;
- Full proficiency in MS. Office (Word, Power Point and Excel) - Knowledge of pivot table and VBA;
- Fluent in English, native speaker preferred.
- Strong commitment to the environmental and social principles which drive Sevea;
- Strong team spirit and involvement within all the projects, working sessions and development of the company and employees;
- Must be an entrepreneur at heart, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to work within and to support the development of a growing team from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and in a multi-cultural environment (our team is composed of Khmer, French and British employees for now);
- Polyvalent and proactive;
- Keen to travel in rural areas in Cambodia but also within the region and Africa.