CIHRS is recruiting a Program Development Officer (PDO) to join our dynamic team. As part of the Program Development Unit, the PDO will report directly to CIHRS’ Deputy Director and supervise the work of the Program Development Associate (PDA) in Tunis.
The PDO will have a key role in collecting information from CIHRS’ growing staff, and in identifying the impacts of CIHRS' engagements and ensuring that they are communicated – accurately and informatively - to donors, partners and staff. This position therefore requires attention to detail, diligence, self-motivation, flexibility, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to work with a multicultural and decentralized team as well as organizational skills are essential, as well as a demonstrated ability to generate, organize and manage priorities independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek and pursue new funding prospects for CIHRS and implement relevant strategies in coordination with management
- Monitor relevant fundraising sources to identify calls for proposals and funding opportunities
- Proactively ensure the donor database of CIHRS is updated regularly, with the intention of both consolidating and expanding the donor base to diversify sources of funding and secure long-term funding
- Provide CIHRS’ management with briefings and recommendations on funding opportunities
- Draft narrative concept notes and proposals matching with budget allocations
- Represent CIHRS in donor meetings and events.
Reporting and Communicating CIHRS' activities and impacts
- Coordinate with staff and partners on a regular basis to collect information on implemented actions and achievements
- Draft qualitative donor reports and communication material that accurately and effectively portrays the range of CIHRS’s objectives, activities, and impacts
- Understand and follow-up on donors’ requirements and respect deadlines listed in grant agreements
- Ensure tailored and regular communication on the work of CIHRS, based on the relevant donor’s area of interest
- Develop relevant evaluation tools and indicators to assess the impact of CIHRS programs,
Nurturing and maintaining relationships with CIHRS’ Donors
- Develop and sustain effective communication channels with donors with the aim of maintaining active working relationships and cultivating long-term funding and collaboration
- Address donors’ requests in a timely manner, in liaison with internal staff
- Develop presentations and supporting materials for donor meetings and fundraising events
- Represent CIHRS at networking events and meetings
- Perform other related activities as may be required by management.
- A university degree in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of three years of experience in fundraising or in a similar field, and demonstrated experience in reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and proposal writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional languages such as Arabic or French will be considered strong assets
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Strong commitment to the principles and practice of human rights
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of sociopolitical developments in MENA
- Good knowledge of the donor community in the human rights field is considered an important asset
- Any previous management/leadership experience is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a self-reliant manner, and to work within a multicultural team
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within tight deadlines
- Ability to represent CIHRS and interact with a variety of donors, including government officials
- Ability and eagerness to create visual content will be considered an asset, such as films, photography or infographics
- Candidates must have the legal right to work in Tunisia or Belgium.
1-year contract subjected to a 3-month probation period. Renewal subject to funding
Starting date: as soon as possible
Direct supervisor: Deputy Director
Working hours: Full time – 40h/week
Based in: Tunis (preferably) or Brussels.
Commitment to Equality:
CIHRS is committed to ensuring equality and non-discrimination on grounds of sex, race, religion or belief in its hiring process. CIHRS is a multicultural environment that celebrates diversity. All employees are expected to promote and act in a manner that ensures a non-discriminatory, open and sensitive approach to others from different backgrounds and cultures.
How to Apply
Please submit your full application by sending a motivation letter (not more than one page) and an updated CV (not more than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application PDO" in the subject of your email.
Please clearly indicate your availability as well as expected salary (or salary last received) in the motivation letter.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For any query on this position please e-mail email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.