Curriculum and Instruction Country Lead, France
Short description summary
We are seeking a talented Curriculum and Instruction Country Lead, interested in being the main point of contact for Generation curriculum and instruction, planning, managing, and delivering onboarding and professional development to Generation instructors in France.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of Generation – Generation is the world’s largest, fastest scaling global employment program, providing young and mid-career adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Our goal is to deliver for our learners and employers simultaneously: supporting the personal and financial well-being of our graduates, while helping businesses make entry-level hires who are higher productivity, higher quality, retain longer, and are faster to promotion than peers. Founded by McKinsey & Company, Generation is an independent non-profit entity active in 10 countries to date – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico, India, UK, Italy, Singapore, and Pakistan – and recently launched in France in 2018.
Generation programs are structured as intensive boot camps ranging from 4 – 12 weeks. The programs will offer students integrated technical, behavioural, mindset, and employment skills training, mentorship support and community services as well as job-placement support when they graduate.
Generation instructors are instrumental to the successful delivery of these programs. As the individual that interacts with participants on a daily basis, instructors have the greatest potential to ensure Generation participants succeed during and beyond the program.
You will lead Generation France instructional operations and support curriculum development.
What will you do
To support instructors in the high-quality delivery of our programs, Generation is seeking a full-time Curriculum and Instruction Lead to plan, manage, and deliver onboarding and professional development to Generation instructors in France, and support Global Generation team in curriculum design of new program. The Curriculum & Instruction Lead will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer at Generation France and will work in close collaboration with training providers, instructors, and other Generation staff.
● Program Design
○ Support activity mapping with Global Curriculum Lead as needed, working with employers to surface the activities and skills that should be integrated into a curriculum for new professions.
○ Liaise with stakeholders (e.g., technical experts, training delivery partners) to gather inputs needed for curriculum design and to obtain feedback on design as needed.
○ Provide feedback to the Global Curriculum Lead during the design process, ensuring content and activities are relevant and appropriate for the Pakistani context.
● Instructor Onboarding
○ Collaborate with the Global Curriculum & Instruction Lead on the adoption and customization of Generation’s global strategy for instructor onboarding and development.
○ Design and customize onboarding agendas and session plans to lead trainings with Generation instructors.
○ Facilitate online and / or in-person onboarding and training for Generation instructors, engaging them in an adult-appropriate, participatory way.
○ Collect and evaluate data before, during, and after onboarding and trainings to identify lessons learned and any additional support needs for trainers.
● Instructor Professional Development & Classroom Delivery
○ Conduct regular classroom visits for instructors using relevant observation tools (e.g., instructional delivery checklist or instructional effectiveness rubric).
○ Analyse observation evidence to determine instructor strengths, areas for improvement, and progress toward development goals.
○ Deliver professional development to instructors (e.g., coaching, refresher training, etc.) to help them improve their delivery the Generation methodology and instructional practice.
○ Create culture and community among instructors, motivating them and their participants to reach their full potential and invest in Generation’s mission.
● Program Learning and Improvement
○ Identify session design and classroom delivery opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned, communicating that information to the Curriculum & Instruction Team.
○ Collaborate with Curriculum & Instruction Team and country team to resolve programmatic issues that affect curriculum design, instruction, and program operations.
○ Support the Curriculum Lead revising curricula based on lessons learned.
○ Provide feedback on global training approaches and tools that are used to support instructor development.
● Stakeholder Engagement and Management
○ Support Generation France in conversations with employer partners, communicating the value proposition of Generation’s approach to curriculum and instruction.
○ Articulate Generation’s methodology for curriculum and instruction to diverse audiences, including employers, funders, training service providers, or other partners.
○ Lead the identification of training service providers that will deliver Generation programs and supply instructors as needed.
○ Communicate updates to donors and funders regarding program design, delivery, and quality.
Experience and mindsets
● 5+ years academic experience post-Baccalaureat in any of the following fields: education, psychology, social sciences, youth support, training management.
● 7-10 years experience in field of education, with recommended direct supervisory or management experience.
● Ideal candidate would have experience coaching or providing professional development to instructors and/or experience designing and delivering multi-week training programs.
● Must present interest in the social sector and ability to work in a fast-paced “startup” environment.
● Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (English and French required).
● The candidate should be open to traveling within country.