THE CORAL GARDENERS
Coral gardeners in a NGO created in 2017 by young surfers and fishermen from Mo’orea. We aim to save coral reefs by raising awareness in schools, events, through conferences around the world. Thanks to its coral reef restoration program, Coral Gardeners give life back to the reef by replanting coral into damaged reef.
Who we are
1) Ocean lovers: we come from the ocean. We admire it, we play with it, we take food out of it.
2) Story tellers: we tell the stories of our islands and engage with people on reef conservation
3) Humble: the ocean is bigger than us, it teaches us humility love and respect for all forms of life.
4) Determined to act: we tell the story but at some point, we need to jump in the water and plant some corals
5) Explorers: we always look for new ways of doing things and learn about your environment and be wild, sometimes.
Where we are
Our headquarter is located in Moorea, the sister island of Tahiti in French Polynesia. Our office is by the sea and offers an amazing working environment for our team.
THE JOB – HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Our people are the most important part of our project. The Coral Gardeners are the ocean kids willing to make an impact and save their reef. Today, 15 permanent members and a few volunteers compose our team. As an HR officer, you would be in charge of insuring that we put the right people in the right spot and that they thrive in their jobs.
You will work closely with the team managers and with our CEO.
We need you to:
- Shape and roll-out all HR administration & processes
- Design and manage our recruitment process (platforms, interviews, job offers, mail box, etc.)
- Design and roll-out our volunteer program
- Write employment contracts
- Organize trainings and team building events
- Make our HQ a better place to live in, participate in the administration and logistics of the office
- Support the accounting manager
As a Human resources and administration officer you will also participate in general activities of the NGO.
- >1 year in human resources management
- >1 year in recruitment or volunteer management
- Good knowledge or international recruitment platforms
- Bachelor / Master Degree in management, human resources or law
- Taste for number
- Fluent in French and English
- Passionate with coral reefs and the ocean
- Good communication skills, You’re a true people person, able to embody, communicate and circulate our core values
- Open minded, willing to learn on new cultures and share his/her positive energy
- Autonomous and taking initiatives
- Organized and rigorous
- Able to work on a team
To be discussed depending on your profile and experience. You will work in our HQ in Mo’orea, French Polynesia
To apply, please fill out send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the object “HR OFFICER”
Let’s save the reef!