ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are seeking a smart, dedicated and analytical M&E or field research professional to be an M&E Associate in Muramvya, Burundi. Overall, the M&E Associate will be responsible for using data to continually improve our operations, and impact on our customers. The M&E department at One Acre Fund operates like an in-house research department and the results are used first and foremost to inform program decision-making and to rigorously understand impact.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Goal–oriented survey design, field-testing of survey instruments, and revision.
- Innovate to ensure efficient and action-oriented data collection and results.
- Conduct data analysis and write reports to draw both early and final conclusions and actionable results.
- Work closely with the Field teams to ensure the M&E results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- Supervision of local M&E management including Field Coordinator, M&E Specialist and Data Manager which support a team of ~ 30 full-time enumerators. This will include the following duties:
- Regular mentorship of M&E managers through field visits, meetings, and career reviews.
- In–field supervision of key M&E activities, with an eye to "perfect" quality standard.
- Quality–control and supervision of data collection processes.
- Overseeing In–field follow–up on errors.
- Oversee the hiring and development of M&E staff.
- Targeted professional development of M&E Specialist and Data Manager to build them into independent team leaders and analysts
- Update hiring protocols when necessary, and use them to hire top–quality data collectors.
- Conduct regular trainings to improve skills of data collectors.
- Appropriately deal with under–performing staff.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking professionals with 1+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long–term passion for international development. We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with minimum initial commitment of 18 months. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong and relevant work experiences, such as prior field–based M&E or data collection/research experience
- Academic or professional experience designing and implementing evaluations/research and analyzing findings
- Solid quantitative skills and experience with statistical software (STATA preferred)
- Ability to multi-task well and meet deadlines consistently
- University degree required. Masters degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Statistics or related field preferred, but not strictly required
- Positive attitude oriented towards personal growth and learning and ability to take feedback well.
- Logical and structured thinker with clear and compelling written communication style.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, or be a country national from our program or operations.
- Language – English required, French strongly preferred, Kirundi desirable
- Burundians are strongly encouraged to apply, but the post is also open to candidates from other nationalities.
- Ability to set goals and reach them
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to manage work and develop others
- Autonomous, honest and humble
- Structured and very attentive to details
- Passion to serve Burundian farmers
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible. The application is continuous but candidates would preferably submit their applications as soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Burundian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.