I. PUR Projet
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level; PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration.
PUR Projet is an impact driven social business and B Corp, based in Paris, France; with offices in Toronto, Singapore, Bogota, China and Thailand. We operate programs in >40 countries. PUR Projet has a depth of experience in South America, Asia, Africa and Europe, and is currently expanding its scope within North America. PUR Projet’s clients range in size but include large programs with entities such as Nespresso, Burberry, Ben & Jerry’s, L’Oreal, Chanel, AccorHotels and Caudalie.
More information on PUR Projet and our work can be found on our website at www.purprojet.com.
II. Job Description
The Accounting/Finance Team is a transversal team with continuous and direct interactions with several PUR Projet internal and external stakeholders mostly with:
- PUR Projet programs management team in direct link with customers
- PUR Projet field project operation teams, in direct link with farmers
- PUR Projet’s steering committee
- PUR Projet’s corporate suppliers (lawyers, accountants, financial auditors, public authorities).
The Accounting/Finance team operates at the crossroads of several strategic topics, including
- global strategy development
- group and operations accounting and proceedings,
- process optimization,
- costs control and profitability
- supporting the PUR Projet growth with appropriate financial and administrative structure
For each of Pur Projet's 6 subsidiaries or branches (France, Singapore, Thailand, Peru, China and Canada), the team is assisted by local accounting sub-contractors.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Finance Officer, the accounting and finance manager will have the following responsibilities:
Suppliers & clients accounting
− Supervision of the client contracts and invoicing process
− Supervision of the supplier invoicing workflow (suppliers are mainly farmers organizations working with us)
− Payment of suppliers and cash management
Accounting preparation and supervision, in cooperation with Pur Projet accounting sub-contractors
− Preparation and supervision of the annual accounts of the Group's companies (1 holding, 5 subsidiaries) : set up work files, revise the accounts, oversee the preparation of financial packages
− Supervision of the preparation of consolidated accounts
− Preparation and management of the financial audits
− Management of the relationship with third parties (accountants and auditors especially)
− Creation and implementation of consolidated analytic reporting processes
− Management of reporting production quarterly including sales, costs and provisions.
− Contribution to strategic decision-making process in collaboration with the Chief Finance Officer through the analysis of the reporting
− Assisting the Chief Finance Officer in the management of the creation of subsidiaries, then deploying the Group's procedures and information systems within these subsidiaries
- Opportunity to work in a company with positive social and environmental impact
- International and dynamic working environment
- A team working with human values and using collective intelligence
- Opportunity to tailor roles and responsibilities to the candidate's profile and aspirations.
- Contract “CDI statut cadre”
- Graduated from business school or university (+5 diploma but open to BTS profile) with a specialization in accounting, finance and management control system
- 3 to 5 years experience in similar functions
- Autonomous and attracted by SMB with the ambition to develop a fast-growing international business - “intrapreneurship” spirit
- Dynamic, excellent business and relational skills
- Result oriented, rigour and formalization.
- Professional fluency in French and English - Spanish highly appreciated
- Location: Paris 75011
- Mobility: the account and finance officer will have the opportunity to travel to other PUR Projet offices (Singapore, Thailand, Canada, Peru, China) and visit field operations.
III. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
PUR Projet kindly asks that interested candidates submit their CV and a cover letter, describing their motivation and relevant experience, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘ACCOUNTING FINANCE MANAGER – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME’
It is kindly requested that all submissions are made by July, 15th 2019, although telephone interviews may begin before this time for any short-listed candidates who have submitted their documents early.
The candidates shortlisted will receive an email to request a telephone interview. The final stages of the recruitment process will be in-person interviews and shall include a business case and group interview. Please be prepared to have two references available upon request.
The successful candidate will start with PUR Projet as soon as possible.