I. PUR Projet
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level; PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration.
PUR Projet is an impact driven social business and B Corp, based in Paris, France; with offices in Toronto, Singapore, Bogota and Thailand. We operate programs in >40 countries. PUR Projet has a depth of experience in South America, Asia, Africa and Europe, and is currently expanding its scope within North America. PUR Projet’s clients range in size but include large programs with entities such as Nespresso, Burberry, Ben & Jerry’s, L’Oreal, Chanel, AccorHotels and Caudalie.
More information on PUR Projet and our work can be found on our website at www.purprojet.com.
II. Job Description
The Accounting/Finance Team is a transversal team with continuous and direct interactions with several PUR Projet internal and external stakeholders mostly with
- PUR Projet programs management team in direct link with customers
- PUR Projet field project operation teams, in direct link with farmers
- PUR Projet’s steering committee
- PUR Projet’s corporate suppliers (lawyers, accountants, financial auditors, public authorities).
The Accounting/Finance team operates at the crossroads of several strategic topics, including
- global strategy development
- group and operations accounting and proceedings,
- process optimization,
- costs control and profitability
- supporting the PUR Projet growth with appropriate financial and administrative structure
For each of Pur Projet's 6 subsidiaries or branches (France, Singapore, Thailand, Peru, China and Canada), the team is assisted by local accounting sub-contractors.
The accounting and finance officer will have the following tasks, under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer and will work in direct contact with a team of 2/3 persons.
Supplier (farmers organizations working with us) & clients accounting
- in direct relation with the PUR Projet operational team, management of the full accounting process (quotation, order, invoice) within our dedicated IT system
- Management of reporting production monthly including sales, costs, provisions, and stocks.
Support to the closing and consolidation process
- support in the control of accounting standards and procedures common to the Group in connection with the evolution of international regulations, values and information systems of the Group
- be part of the preparation of PUR Projet’ companies annual accounts: set up work files, revise the accounts
- be part of the preparation of group consolidated accounts and the financial audits
- collaborate with third parties (accountants and auditors especially)
Support to the controlling system
- contribute to the implementation of the controlling system for costs optimisation and profitability management
Development of new tools and processes for scale-up at international level
We offer :
- Training program to discover the financial and administrative structure of a growing SMB company
- Opportunity to work in a company with positive social and environmental impact
- International and dynamic working environment
- A team working with human values and using collective intelligence
- Training program student from business/management schools or international universities with a specialization in accounting, finance and management control system
- Attracted by SMB / start-up environment, with the ambition to develop a fast-growing international business - “intrapreneurship” spirit
- Dynamic, excellent business and relational skills
- Result oriented, rigour and formalization.
- Professional fluency in French and English - Spanish would be an asset
- Location: Paris 75011
III. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
PUR Projet kindly asks that interested candidates submit their CV and a cover letter, describing their motivation and relevant experience, by email to email@example.com with the subject ‘ACCOUNTING FINANCE OFFICER – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME’
It is kindly requested that all submissions are made by July, 15th 2019, although telephone interviews may begin before this time for any short-listed candidates who have submitted their documents early.
The candidates shortlisted will receive an email to request a telephone interview. The final stages of the recruitment process will be in-person interviews and shall include a business case and group interview.
The successful candidate will start with PUR Projet as soon as possible.