Inspired by a sense of caring and compassion for all the people who work to build a better world, as well as to support the many causes and movements for which they work, The Wellbeing Project is focused on both cultivating a shift in the field of social change toward one that is healthier and more supportive of inner wellbeing, and on catalyzing the development of a new infrastructure to better support everyone working in the field.
Today, we’re looking for a Finance Lead to join our team at the heart of The Wellbeing Project!
We are looking for someone that has 5-7 years of experience with finance, accounting and cashflow management. We’re looking for someone who has a keen passion for social change, has a deep interest in personal work, and loves numbers and finances. Someone who is proficient in English, responsible, organized, detail-oriented and can work independently and in a fast paced environment. Finally, someone who is at the same time strongly entrepreneurial, solutions-oriented and collaborative.
PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Analytical mind & detail-oriented: you know that tiny changes in one place might have a big impact somewhere else
- Organized, dependable and reliable: you are thorough, you can keep deadlines, and you are well organized.
- Conceptual mind: you are capable of understanding the concept and make suggestions for improvement
- Thorough and conscientious: you perform a task with care and thoroughness. You enjoy delivering quality, think beyond and going the extra mile.
- Good communicator: communicating with clarity, respect, care, sensitivity even when you disagree and/or would like things to be done in a different way
- Personal growth oriented; you have the maturity to see opportunities for personal growth and have the intention to stay open and vulnerable to see what may be emerging for yourself. “Wellbeing inspires welldoing”
- Lateral thinker: you can see the whole and see the interconnections between the different smaller parts of one bigger/more complex project (4 fund structures, consultants working from 9 different countries, 4 different pillars in The Wellbeing Project, etc)
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word (and/or equivalent Apple programs) and Google Drive
- You like to have fun!
- Nice to have: knowledgeable in Asana, Slack, Google apps
- Overall responsibility for all financial, accounting and budget management of the Project
- Budget creation and management:
- Budget creation through working with each separate part of the Project
- Ongoing budget management and analysis
- Finance management:
- Continue to build and improve the cash management system (both planning and tracking) for the next 3 years
- Manage the global cash planning and tracking system ensuring good information flow
- Analyse costs related to our structures and financial operations and optimise if possible
- Manage banking and other financial partner/fund relationships
- Manage repository for finance-related documentation and reports
- Create and manage financial reporting structures (internally and externally)
- Accounting management:
- Review and manage monthly batch of payments
- Ensure our accounting records, tracking, systems and processes across the project is solid, robust and compliant.
- Coordinate yearly audit
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on a ground-breaking, global project that is a co-creation with leading institutions in the field of social change, and that is already seeing the beginning of an extraordinary movement.
- An innovative, co-creative, entrepreneurial and international working environment.
- A strong culture which is at the core of our organization and the project, as well as a large and diverse Project team that is loving, caring and… pretty awesome people :)
- A steep yet friendly learning curve, including building a variety of key relationships in the social change sector worldwide.
- Be a part of a fulfilling and meaningful professional project based on strong values and an opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people touched by the work of social change makers.
- Spacious office in Paris (11th) with lots of light, organic coffee and flexible hours.
- Start ASAP, ideally based in Paris and at least until 2022
- Salary is appropriate to the social sector. Compensation also includes a wellbeing stipend.
- This is a freelance position and EU work permit/visa/passport are required. You will also need your own working devices (computer, phone).