Today, a new wave of progress is beginning, based on major technological and scientific advances.
Autonomous cars, cancer treatments, 3D printed organs, collaborative robots and much more.
At Hello Tomorrow, we identify startups developing groundbreaking deep tech innovations cutting across major environmental and societal challenges, transforming our lives. Their projects are based on technologies that have great promise for the future but which require several years of R&D. This increases the needs and challenges facing startups: large capital investment, expertise and special talent, support for industrial applications and marketing strategies for their innovations.
It is a matter of urgency therefore that favorable conditions be created to support deeptech entrepreneurs and accelerate technology transfer.
We are looking for a Startup Challenge Analyst who will help us find, evaluate and support these deeptech solutions.
Who are we?
We are a global organization on a mission to unlock the potential of deep technologies to help solve some of the world's toughest challenges (societal, environmental and industrial).
We identify deeptech solutions, empower the pioneers who drive them, and bring together a community of actors who believe that science and advanced technology can contribute to shaping a better tomorrow.
Our Global Challenge : the right springboard for deeptech entrepreneurs looking for visibility, funding and the right connections worldwide.
Global Summit and events around the globe : exclusive community events in 11 countries involving our community of science-entrepreneurs, large corporations, investors and researchers.
Consulting & Training Programs : help corporates leverage the potential of emerging technologies, understanding how it will impact their organization and how they can contribute to accelerate the transfer of impactful solutions from lab to market.
The Global Challenge
The Global Challenge is the most exclusive worldwide deeptech startups competition. For its 5th edition in 2018, more than 4,500 entrepreneurs applied from 119 countries.
We avoid selecting pointless apps and social media analytics tools here — we prefer flying cars, space taxis, breakthrough medical treatments or handheld scanners to detect fake drugs. Projects that actually makes the world a better place.
There are at least 3 rounds to select finalists startups and it involves a different jury at each step, including panels of scientists, entrepreneurs, investors and influential industry partners. We evaluate each project on the technical aspects, the market, the team and the potential impact of the project.
What do we bring the startups?
- €100K Grand Prize for the best early-stage startup
- €15K track Prizes for the 11 other category winners
- 80 finalists pitch during the Global Summit in front of 400 curated stakeholders
- 12 winners pitch on the main stage (600 audience)
- Meetings and articles with media (BBC, Le Monde, Financial Times, etc.)
- Showcase opportunities during the Global Summit (3,500 attendees)
- Access to the Global Summit (meetings with hundreds of C-level industrial leaders, deeptech VCs, Post-doc and technical experts etc.)
- Access to the yearly Investor Day with 150+ worldwide investors
We provide them with continuous value before, during and after the competition.
We need to design the best experience possible for hundreds of startups all over the world participating in the competition. So we need to constantly improve the value proposition of our Challenge and build a seamless journey for them.
What will you do?
As the Startup Challenge Analyst for Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge, your day-to-day work will look like the following:
- Sourcing the best deep-tech startups from around the world and convince them to apply to the Global Challenge. You’ll be looking for the most disruptive technologies, scraping data from the web and contacting the most promising deeptech entrepreneurs to promote the competition.
- Support startups before and during the Challenge. As the main point of contact, you’ll be first liaising with entrepreneurs to support them in filling out their application form and later help them prepare for the Global Summit to make the most of the competition.
- Help us organize the juries and selection process and take part in first round of startup evaluations (depending on your expertise and background). You’ll be going through hundreds of exciting projects, sorting out the most outstanding and impactful ones and help prepare the whole evaluation process with hundreds of jury members involved.
You would join a team of 20 international young and dynamic people working at Hello Tomorrow to help make the world a better place with science, in a very positive albeit fast-paced environment!
Who are you?
- You are deeply fascinated by and passionate about science, technologies and innovation
- You have a technical, scientific or engineering background
- You’re very well organized and rigorous
- You’re autonomous
- You’re tech-savvy
- You’re willing to take initiatives
- You’re very curious
- You have a strong belief in getting things done!
- Good understanding of scientific, engineering and/or technical subjects
- Native English speaker or fully fluent in English (basic knowledge in French is a plus)
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Show a good understanding of the deep-tech ecosystem (https://hello-tomorrow.org/report)
- Fluency in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
What we offer?
- Compensation of €1,000 per month
- An opportunity to discover cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems, as well as the greatest minds in deep tech!
- A team that is passionate, creative, impact driven, and at the top of their game
- A fast-paced, international, interdisciplinary, inspiring, and collaborative work environment
- Restaurant tickets
- Last but not least... the Parisian life! (Open-space office environment in the heart of Paris and after work beers with colleagues)