RNW Media is now looking for a full-time Support Officer Business Development to join a dynamic team in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
As Support Officer Business Development you will mainly focus on grant management and proposal development for RNW Media ‘s core programs.
About RNW Media
RNW Media thrives for a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future. To do so, RNW Media builds digital communities where young people can safely engage on taboos and sensitive topics and generate strong stories for advocacy to unleash their potential for social change.
RNW Media has three core global programs:
· Love Matters focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR);
· Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance;
· The RNTC Media Training Center strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
As Support Officer Business Development, you will join the Business Development team and report to the Director of Business Development. You will be responsible for the following:
· Supporting the proposal writing process;
· Writing in a factual, engaging and convincing manner to convince donors;
· Ensuring that proposal components such as budget, work plan, M&E logframe or ToC meet donor requirements
· Reviewing carefully tender guidelines, donor policies and donor publications;
· Overseeing timely development and submission as required by donors;
· Supporting grant management and account management;
· Engaging strategic partners, building and maintaining essential relationships at events;
· Updating the data base of (submitted concept) proposals;
· Supporting proposal development for institutional donors and foundations;
· Documenting developments and reviews.
· 2/3 years’ experience in international development;
· University Degree in a relevant field;
· Excellent intercultural communication skills;
· Experience working with international teams;
· Experience working within alliance and/or alliance management;
· Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities and timelines across multiple projects;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Fluency in English and Dutch and/or French.
· Experience or understanding of social change and/or behavior change through media is a plus.
What we offer
· A stimulating position within a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries;
· An informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work;
· An office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk;
· 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension;
· A competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply
Han Valk – Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume in English to Claire Barthet, at email@example.com mentioning the name of the position in the subject line latest 7 April 2019, midnight (Central European time).
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on ongoing basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.