RNW Media is now looking for a full-time Proposal Writer to join a dynamic team in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
As Proposal Writer you will manage proposal writing relating to institutional donors and strategic partners. You will maintain contacts with strategic partners, ensure that RNW Media offers are clear and well aligned to donor policy and requirements and be the linking pin between partners and RNW Media staff.
About RNW Media
RNW Media thrives for a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future. To do so, RNW Media builds digital communities where young people can safely engage on taboos and sensitive topics and generate strong stories for advocacy to unleash their potential for social change.
RNW Media has three global programs:
· Love Matters focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR);
· Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance;
· The RNTC Media Training program strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
As Proposal Writer, you will join the Business Development team and report to the Director of Business Development. You will be responsible for the following:
· Managing the grant proposal writing process;
· Writing in a factual, engaging and convincing manner to convince donor;
· Ensuring that proposal components such as budget, work plan, M&E logframe or ToC meet donor requirements;
· Reviewing carefully tender guidelines, donor policies and donor publications;
· Overseeing timely development and submission as required by donors;
· Engaging strategic partners, building and maintaining essential relationships;
· Updating the data base of (submitted concept) proposals;
· Representing the organization at external gatherings e.g. conferences;
· Identifying market opportunities within the target groups;
· Documenting developments and reviews.
· 5 – 7 years relevant experience;
· University Degree in a relevant field such as International Development, International Business or similar;
· Experience with institutional donors, knowledge of the donor landscape (UN, EU, DFID, SIDA, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
· Proven track record of winning proposal development (> 5 M);
· Experience with donor report systems and due diligence;
· Proven track record with proposal development for international NGO, preferably in the fields of SRHR and/or Media capacity development and/or and Democracy & Good Governance;
· Experience with international teams;
· Excellent (near) native written and spoken English, Dutch and preferably French;
· Experience in program management and implementation is a plus;
· Experience in Sub Saharan Africa and/or the MENA region and/or China is a plus.
What we offer
· A stimulating position within a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries;
· An informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work;
· An office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk;
· 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension;
· A gross monthly salary of at least € 3700,- up to at the most € 4400,- based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience.
How to apply
Han Valk – Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume in English to Claire Barthet, at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the position in the subject line latest 7 April 2019, midnight (Central European time).
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on ongoing basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.