Internship - 6 months - Sparknews - Paris
The Position: What you will do
- Help structure and develop our existing network of journalists
- Co-design tools and help coordinate events to facilitate our communication around our topics and around solutions journalism (Newsletter, sparkshows, seminars, forums, workshops etc.)
- Contribute to developing Sparknews’ expertise on solutions journalism / constructive journalism ecosystems and approaches.
- Assist in preparing and delivering collaborative media operations such as Impact Journalism Day
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bilingual speaker of French and English
- Work independently and have strong communication skills
- Dynamic, rigorous & methodical
- Interested in new editorial approaches and in particular solutions-oriented approaches
- Passionate about journalism & communication, with strong writing skills
- Able to work with an agile mind-set in an evolving start-up environment
- International or Media studies/Communication/Business/ Political Sciences
Type and start of contract: Internship - 6 months, ASAP
Created in 2012, Sparknews is a social enterprise whose mission is to amplify positive impact initiatives to build a more inclusive and respectful world.
Throughout the media or enterprises, we showcase these impactful initiatives to inspire everyone, restore confidence and encourage action.
Sparknews is based in Paris and employs twenty people, around the same values: authenticity, collaborative spirit, optimism and commitment.
In 2018, Sparknews also launched activities in NY, London and HK.
- General Public / Media: We design and lead large scale & collaborative editorial programmes in partnership with major news media around key topics: solutions for climate, circular economy, women's entrepreneurship, solutions tackling waste & pollution, etc.
We create unique alliances that promote solutions journalism and international collaboration between the media. We support the production and dissemination of articles and educational content around pressing global issues.
- Corporate: We support companies in their innovation and transformation process by identifying, inspiring and empowering positive leaders, those actors of change within the company that pave the way towards a sustainable, inclusive and ethical economy .
1. SOURCE initiatives with a strong social and environmental impact through our various networks and calls for projects. More than 4000 projects sourced worldwide on 10 different themes.
2. ENHANCE these initiatives through innovative and engaging actions:
- aimed at the general public during our awareness-raising operations:
- Through media operations such as Impact Journalism Day (50 leading news media in +40 countries and reaching 120 million readers) or Solutions & Co (20 leading economic media in +15 countries).
- Through international events such as Viva Technology (design of a #positiveimpact trail promoting #techforgood start-ups) or One Young World (production of videos on the young leaders for tomorrow’s world)
- aimed at companies: at conferences, meetings of a Positive Innovation Club, training courses and dedicated internal communication tools
3. CREATE AND COORDINATE RELEVANT NETWORKS
We favor relational and collaborative work ("Alone we go faster, together we go further") by bringing together different stakeholders committed to tackle the same issues: Alliances of international news media, Positive Innovation Club with large corporations, the coordination of networks of influencers, etc.