The successful candidate will have a clear mandate to ensure the direction and the management of BAOBAB+ Madagascar established by the board of directors. He will be in responsible of all commercial activities, company management, funding and the strategy with a clear focus on business development and people management to ensure sustainable growth and long term viability in a competitive environment in the country.
This position of CEO of Baobab+ Madagascar is the official and legal representative of the company.
This position is opened due to an evolution at the group level of the current CEO of Baobab+ Madagascar.
N+1: Chief Executive Officer BAOBAB+ Group
- Oversee the organization of the company and ensure the respect of operational and financial processes
- Manage the company funds in light of approved budget with monthly check of finances budget evolution vs targets
- Establish a good collaboration with community groups, investments funds and other organization to facilitate the achievement of the BAOBAB+ entity
- Report on a regular basis on the company performance and implementation of corrective measures when needed.
- Represent the company with local authorities
- Participate in the elaboration of a strategic roadmap for the country with the Board
- Ensure that all resources are fully used to reach defined targets and to achieve continuous improvement
- Establish a positive and safe work environment in conformity of laws and relevant regulations
- Oversee employees recruitment to make sure the organization is build on Talents
- Developing market knowledge and commercial relationships in order to foster the growth of BAOBAB+ business with its different target groups.
- Develop and drive with the local team a clear Market operational plan aligned with the Group strategic roadmap.
- Contributing to the improvement of the products offer and services tailored to the customers' needs
- Develop high performing team and enhance people motivation by implementing with HR in implementing an adequate incentives and career policy.
- Ensure an adequate operational organization of the teams working throughout Baobab network of branches and Pay-As-You-Go agents, in order to supply the complete range of Baobab+ products to clients in accordance with business objectives.
- Develop amongst the business teams a corporate culture focused on delivering of simple, transparent and efficient services to the clients.
● Master’s degree in Economics, Management, business development, marketing or equivalent.
● At least 6 years’ relevant experience as a Country Manager or Managing Director in sales/Marketing or similar environment in Africa.
● General knowledge of a wide range of BOP (Bottom of pyramid) products and services
● Advanced knowledge of product retail and customer care operations
● Ability to meet reporting expectations of the Board, investors and statutory bodies
● Excellent analytical skills to support decision making and negotiation
● Strong leadership and team building skills allowing to develop performing and engaged teams
● Ability to adapt to challenging environment : flexibility in an evolving environment while settling in an effective and efficient organization
● Fluent in french and english
The position is based at Antananarivo, Madagascar. If you are interested, send me your CV.