makesense brings together and supports engaged citizens, passionate entrepreneurs and forward-looking organizations to collectively tackle today’s social and environmental issues.
We help different stakeholders unlock their potential to create positive impact through customized pathways of engagement. For citizens, we offer ways to learn and take action. For entrepreneurs, we offer programs to help strengthen their projects. For organizations, we offer programs to innovate and transform their practices.
In 7 years, we have supported 2,800 entrepreneurs, 100,000 citizens and 100 organizations.
makesense is developed by a team of 70+ people in 8 offices around the world: Paris, Mexico, Dakar, Manila, Beyrouth, Lima, Delhi and Abidjan. See http://www.makesense.org/
And in Lebanon?
We have been active on social entrepreneurship in Lebanon for about 3 years now, running an acceleration program for social start-ups, involving more than 3300 participants in more than 250 events and partnering with amazing supporters of this ecosystem like Berytech and others such as Loyac, AUB, NDU, Arabnet, Aiesec, the French Embassy etc. We are currently active in 5 regions (Beirut, Jbeil, Baadba/Aley, Shouf, Saida and the South (including Tyr, Nabatieh and Sarafand). Currently the team is composed of 2 key talented people.
Our plan of new impactful activities for 2019 already includes : growing and automating our citizen engagement activities, supporting 3 social entrepreneurs in partnership with SafirLab a program by the French Embassy, launching an offline & online MOOC to raise awareness and inspire new social entrepreneurs in Lebanon, and a mission to support the NGO Solidarité International. Last but not least, we will keep on tackling the waste-management crisis in Lebanon in partnership with local and international players and investors.
This is a great opportunity for you if you have a strong entrepreneurial mindset with a deep interest in social innovation and social entrepreneurship as a way to address climate change and social inequalities.
What you will do
As a Country Development Manager of makesense Lebanon, you will bring, deliver and coordinate new business opportunities to help makesense develop the ecosystem of social entrepreneurship in Lebanon through dedicated programs.
You will work hand in hand with the head of international development and the local team to reach the targeted objectives. You will work with a high level of consensus and collaboration as makesense is a flat hierarchy organisation.
Your mission :
- Ensure the economic sustainability of the organization by developing new strategic alliances and sales of new projects with local players and international ones
- Co-create & conduct makesense Lebanon's funding strategy, meaning identify, prospect, solicitate and steward corporates, institutional and individuals donors to cover part of the local budget
- Design new programs & services or adapt existing makesense programs and services to the local market
- Deliver some programs & some fields projects, coordinate the delivery of all others in Lebanon, getting the expertise from the different makesense teams
- Ensure the positioning of the organization as a leader and catalyst of social entrepreneurship, social innovation & circular economy
- Other missions needed to ensure the development of MakeSense Lebanon that arise along the journey (take part in creating the local legal structure, handling bank account, relationship with accountant, etc)
What we are looking for
You are a natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and have a solid experience of over five years in the development of strategies and delivery of projects of social innovation and/or business development, you have organised creativity workshops, you have what it takes to be part of the success of an incredibly challenging social organization. You have experience of working in Lebanon and abroad.
Other skills :
- You're autonomous and can easily report and synchronize with others
- You don’t mind working with flexible hours. Lots of events might happen in the evenings or weekends
- You are a team player and are good at working in a collective, strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a team setting, including a distributed team and online collaboration and tools
- You have maybe delivered innovation workshops
- You are rigorous and can easily work in complex and fast-paced environments
Apply before 20th February
Process of recrutement
- Send CV and a letter or video explaining why you would like to work on makesense and why you are a good candidate
- Case study submission (three hours of development)
- Three interview committees
- Interview Head of international development
- Lebanon Recruitment Committee (current team members)
- Partners’ recruitment committee (current key funders)
- Request for references
You will benefit from a 2 weeks training in France and you'll keep on learning all the time with us :)
Apply before 20th February at the bottom of this page https://makesense.welcomekit.co/companies/makesense/jobs/lebanon-country-development-manager_beirut
Type of contract: temporary (6 months) for a start. Later if the first months are successful in team fit and business development it will be an annual contract.
Start: Late March or April (some flexibility for the right candidate)
Location : Beyrouth
Salary: Around 2200-2400 US$ net per month to be discussed based on your experience.
Level of experience: a minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Flexibility in your work schedule.
Freedom of development and project proposal.
THE opportunity to work with a fast growing international team recognized by governments, companies and universities for its social impact.
- Contract type: Temporary
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon (1100)
- Experience Level: > 5 years
- Possible remote work