euforia (www.euforia.org) is an independent, youth-driven social innovation enterprise. We believe that the world needs more people who come together to imagine, design, and implement bold solutions to today’s most pressing social, environmental and economic challenges. That is why we engage the unengaged, transform our education system and connect people who would usually not meet, across generations, business and civil society. We do so by providing fun events and trainings, which inspire and empower people to move from passiveness and good intentions to activeness and changemaking.
We are looking for 1-2 people to join the euforia team. The new euforia unicorn in Lausanne will be part of a five people team working on our youth programmes, and will be working closely with the team for the different programmes and responsibilities. At the same time they will work very independently and will be given responsibilities right from the beginning!
40% to 80% as a project coordinator for the implementation of our programmes
Main responsibilities: Plan & implementation of imp!act, (r)evolution Lab & Share & Grow nights
- Collaborate in the creation and development of the euforia local community
- Organise “Share & Grow nights” in Lausanne - community events on different topics such as wellbeing, self-management, collaboration, leadership etc.
- Help to coordinate and organise 1 to 3 imp!act & 1 (r)evolution Lab in Lausanne (especially creating new partnerships to make the events successful)
- 40% to 80% internship (to be defined depending on the candidate(s)) with a gross salary equivalent to CHF 800 to CHF 1’600 (based on a full time internship gross salary of CHF 2’000).
- The internship goes from February to July 2019 (with the option to extend it)
- Be available to attend the whole imp!act in Geneva from 13 to 16 February (in case you have never participated to an imp!act event before)
- Be available from 23 to 27 March to attend our team “workend” in the mountains in Switzerland (an occasion to spend 5 days together with the whole team while working and having fun together!)
- Be willing to grow professionally and personally together with a great team.
Entry date: February 2019 (to be defined together)
Workplace: between Lausanne and Geneva (euforia office), Switzerland with the possibility of working from home and a flexible time schedule.
Job specific requirements
- A good network in the youth / associative sector in Vaud (Lausanne especially)
- Some experience in events/trainings management (logistics, etc) & ideally facilitation
- Excellent communication skills for outreach / partnerships purposes
- Outgoing and open to connect with many people from different ages and sectors
- Passionate about people’s empowerment and non-formal education
- Languages: working proficiency in French, fluent in English, ideally understanding of German
- Independent, entrepreneurial and with good self-management skills
- Will to integrate a young and dynamic team where no day is like another
- Eager to work in an innovative working environment (non-hierarchical, radically collaborative and creative)
- Share euforia's values
- Willing to go on working holidays with the rest of the team twice a year
What euforia offers
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of an innovative initiative on the verge of becoming the national reference in youth engagement and in the process of massively scaling internationally.
- A unique working culture: the way we work at euforia is non-hierarchical, holacratic, consensual and radically collaborative, you will be your own boss but will be surrounded with coaches for all of your responsibilities!
- A working environment you will find in no other organisation: fun, laughter, flexibility, friendship, having kids and pets at the office and doing meetings by the lake are as important to us as working hard to reach our ambitious goals.
- An opportunity for real professional and personal development: our talent development system supports you in understanding your strengths and passions and setting up a training program to develop them, and a strong feedback culture allows each person to continuously grow and become more self-aware.
- An opportunity to learn and develop: you will be able to participate for free in one of our Radical Collaboration trainings and in any other training offered by euforia.
- your CV in English or French (PDF, Linkedin) - max. 1 page
- Your creative motivation letter or video in French - max. 1 page (letter); max. 5 minutes (video) - please indicate any previous experience with working with associations or the youth sector in Vaud and the % you would like to work (from 40 to 80%)
to email@example.com with the subject “I want to be the next euforia unicorn” until 8th of February.