- OUR EXPERTISE
1. SOURCING initiatives with a strong social or environmental impact through our various networks and calls for projects. More than 5000 projects sourced worldwide.
2. ENHANCING these initiatives through innovative and engaging formats.
- Targeting companies at conferences, Positive Innovation Club events, training courses, and through the creation of internal communication tools.
- Targeting the general public during our awareness-raising operations:
- Media operations such as Impact Journalism Day (50 leading news outlets in +40 countries and reaching 120 million readers) or Solutions & Co (20 leading economic media outlets in +15 countries).
- International events such as Viva Technology (design of a #PositiveImpact map promoting #TechForGood startups), or One Young World (production of videos highlighting young leaders for tomorrow’s world).
3. CREATE AND COORDINATE RELEVANT NETWORKS
We favor creating connections and collaborative work ("Alone we go faster, together we go further"), by bringing together different actors all committed to tackling the same issues as us, through our alliance of international news outlets, the Positive Innovation Club with large corporations, the coordination of networks of partners and influencers, etc.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE INTERN
Work closely with the Founder of Sparknews, Christian de Boisredon, and a part of the team (based in Paris).
1 - Main mission : development and coordination of our Positive Innovation Club London (including strategy development, event management and coordination, communication, networking, etc.).
The Club is made to connect innovations for good with purpose-driven senior corporate executives and journalists who wish to be inspired, connected and bring purpose to the forefront of their business. The Club was created in Paris in 2016 and replicated in London in June 2018 and gathers every 2 months.
2 - Work closely with Sparknews’ Founder, Christian de Boisredon, on current activities and new projects:
- Business Development for the conference activities of the Founder
- Writing and proofreading communication materials in English (if native English speaker)
- Support the development of new opportunities
- QUALITIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- English speaker (ideally good ability to speak and write in French but not compulsory)
- Strong interest in our key themes: media, innovation, social entrepreneurship, CSR
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, with good people skills
Background: Business, Management, Communication, Political Science, Social Innovation, or other.
Location: Paris and/or in London (to be determined with the candidate).
Starting date: As soon as possible (January 2019).
Remuneration: To de discussed + 50% of transportation costs