Communications Volunteers (up to 10h/month)
The European Network for Women in Leadership (WIL) is a unique association committed to the promotion and advancement of the professional and social interests of women in leadership positions across Europe.
Since 2010, WIL Europe has been acting as a platform where more than 300 senior level women can meet and exchange, network, enlarge their horizons, and identify opportunities and ideas that are not readily available in their current social and professional environments.
We achieve our mission through international and local events, peer networking, core social and economic debates with key political and business leaders, and via our online website and newsletter.
In 2012, WIL Europe launched its Women Talent Pool program (WTP), an 18-month cycle program which aims to support high potential women to become tier 1 leaders by offering them a range of online and offline learning and networking opportunities. The 4th edition started in March 2018 in the presence of EU Digital Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, the godmother of the programme.
As Communications Volunteer, you will have the great challenge to support our team in conducting interviews (face to face and by phone) with the members of our network, as well as with the participants of our Women Talent Pool programme.
Our interviews are published on our website (www.wileurope.org), Newsletter and social media (Twitter and LinkedIn). Our interviews usually focus on our members’ professional background, current position, and vision of female leadership.
In addition, if you wish to, you will also be welcomed to brainstorm with the team on the creation of a new platform for our interviews (e.g. a WordPress blog).
- Research on the interviewee and prepare relevant questions, with the help of our Communications Intern and General Manager
- Conduct interviews (face-to-face or via phone) – between 1 and 2 per month
- Transcript interviews and edit text if necessary
- Choose a few quotes from the interview and prepare social media banner
- Send the transcription to the interviewee for approval
- Prepare publication content for social media and Newsletter
- Studies in communication, public affairs, or a relevant field
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent writing skills
- Based in Paris
- Good level of exposure to a network of high-level women from different EU countries
- Opportunity to discover exciting career paths and advice through the interviewees’ testimonials
- Possibility to attend our events for free
- Gain professional experience in communications
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Alexandra Lacroix, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach writing and/or social media content and/or communications materials (e.g.: brochure) in English to your application. Applications without any of these examples will not be taken into consideration.
Starting date: as soon as possible