The Position: Context and Main Missions
Sparknews works with about one hundred media outlets around the world to build year-round public awareness programs based on collaborative journalism. In 2018, four major programs were launched, on the themes of the Empowerment of Women, Climate, Health. Sparknews has also won a Google grant to develop a digital tool to identify and share solutions-oriented articles.
The coordination of these operations is managed by the Sparknews' media team, including 3 people, as well as freelancers and project managers. In 2019, we want to develop and modernize these different programs to give them a higher impact. Sparknews is looking for a new and dynamic project leader, passionate about innovation in the media:
- Understand and assimilate Sparknews' DNA and values, our history with the media, the unique approach and the specific value we bring them.
- Help set up the Impact Journalism Movement that characterizes this new way of collaborating with the media: communication with media partners, formalizing the benefits and way of working of this movement
- Develop four editorial programs in 2019: define topics (in coordination with internal teams), seek funding (foundations, companies), coordinate the production of these programs and associated communication, the financial and impact reporting.
- Manage, with the active support of the media team, the Google DNI-funded R&D program: development of a semantic tool and a collaborative platform to facilitate the sharing of solutions-oriented content across media in different countries.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in project management and team coordination
- Experience of / interest in the news media world: their challenges, their ways of working (writing, management, innovation ...), the new digital models (pure players, social networks ...)
- Be "solutions"-oriented and have a good capacity to adapt
- Be autonomous (search for funding) as well as able to work in teams (production of programs with internal teams)
- Have excellent communication skills (listening, asking good questions, understanding needs and responsiveness)
- Rigor, precision, good written and oral expression and capacity to manage budgets with ease
- Bilingual French/English
3 to 5 years of experience in project coordination (for media, agency, etc.)
Would be a plus ...
- Knowledge of the creative production chain (graphics, video)
- Experience and interest in digital project management (specific vocabulary, agile project management)
Type and start of contract: CDI, ASAP