We’re looking for a dynamic person to join our team in Paris as Community Program & Content Manager!
We’re specifically looking for either a native English speaker or someone with a similar level for this cross-functional role that combines project management, communities, and communication!
For the last nine months, makesense has been working with Facebook to create and operate a program called Community Leadership Circles to train community leaders around the world. Each participant already runs a huge-scale Facebook group and has been selected by Facebook to join a global community of other admins. Each person is tasked with starting a local chapter in their city to bring together local admins with the goal of connecting people offline. As the program grows, we’re looking to recruit a new team member to help create and run this program!
As this program requires strong communication skills (creating content, facilitating calls, etc), our goal is to have part of your time go towards applying these skills towards other projects at makesense to help improve our global communication. Namely, this would include copywriting, editing, translating, and other support with content.
Concretely, your role would include:
(1) Project management of the Community Leadership Circles Program, including:
- Community management (keeping the community of participants engaged)
- Facilitating group calls
- Creating content
- Coordination internally and externally of other people and resources involved
(2) Copywriting and editing for makesense in general:
- Editing documents
- Creating content
- Occasional translation (French -> English)
What we are looking for
Essential qualities and experience:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written - You’re frequently praised on your communication skills and the ease with which you express yourself. You’re very comfortable speaking in front of groups and can not only speak with clarity but also spread good vibes!
- Strong writing and editing skills - Building off the last point, writing and editing are critical aspects of this role.
- Extremely organized - Action plans, to-do lists, project delivery docs are all second-nature to you. You not only excel in keeping yourself organized, but can also help others stay on track.
- Project management experience - You’ve led a program from its conceptualization to completion.
- A true people lover - You love connecting with people and hearing their stories.. Connecting with others comes naturally to you and people tend to love you, too!
- Completely fluent in English - Totally at ease leading conversations, meetings, group calls or facilitating in English. Ideally a native speaker or equivalent!
Bonus qualities and experience (strong assets, but not required):
- Experience with communities - Have you ever worked as a community manager? Or been an extremely active part of a community? Tell us about it!
- Training experience - You’ve trained people online or offline in some capacity.
- *Curriculum design experience *- We’re curious to hear about any pedagogical experience you might have, which is an asset for this role.
- Partner management experience - You’ve managed partner relations in past projects.
- Social media experience - Are you an Instagram pro? Can you write the perfect Facebook post in your sleep? Any experience you have managing social media, professionally or personally, we’d love to hear about.