The role of The Business developer:
- Lead direct relationship with prospects from prospection to invoicing.
- Educate PaygOps ambassadors on significant industry factors including competitive products, trends, customer needs, and pricing. Manage and support key PaygOps ambassadors to generate further sales opportunities.
- Process, data driven sales operations background and building track-able, repeatable sales processes.
- Represent the company at networking off-grid events.
- Build a deep understanding of the rural electrification sector and its stakeholders through research and networking in order to maintain a forward looking strategy into the Off-grid / Solar Home System / Pay-As-You-Go Industry.
- Strong notions or previous experiences in a SaaS related industry appreciated.
- Good understanding of Off-grid / Solar Home System / Pay-As-You-Go industry is appreciated.
- Demonstrates ability to convince, engage and follow up on conversations with potential customers and partners.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, not afraid to take initiatives or make proposals and then see them through to completion.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about developing world projects and social business.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as salesforce, mailchimp, etc.).
- Is eager to discover new cultures and ways of working.
- Willingness to travel and spend extended period away from home. While also being free to work from home otherwise.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.).
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload.
- Has native/fluent proficiency in English.
- Good notions of French is a plus.
Compensation and details:
- Start date: January 2019.
- Duration: Permanent.
- Location: Flexible, with offices in Valencia, Spain, and travel to Africa and Asia likely.
- All business related expenses paid.
- Compensation to be discussed, according to profile.
About Solaris Offgrid:
The legion of entrepreneurs making solar energy more accessible to the over 1 billion people at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) deserve the best tools to reach profitability faster. Therefore, Solaris Offgrid helps them build reliable customer traction and great relationships with investors through flexible and last-mile inclusive Paygo solutions such as PaygOps, its Last-Mile Management System. Check out a 4min video where, Ulysses, Designer at Solaris Offgrid, explains his role of designing technologies you are expected to sell, and introduces you to the Solaris Offgrid working philosophy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9wDQjiQmCw