What is TerraCycle?
Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business, with the mission to eliminate the idea of waste. We are the world leader in the recycling of generally non-recyclable waste, such as pens, snack wrappers, baby food pouches beauty product packaging, home care product packaging and even the likes of cigarette butts or marine plastics. We create collection and recycling solutions systems for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. We partner with some of the most recognizable brands and retailers in the world, including BIC, L’Oréal, Procter & Gamble, and JDE amongst others.
In this context, the company seeks to hire a Business Development Associate to support the growth of the European business with a core focus on the UK market. This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and the Business Development Associate will report and work closely with the Business Development Manager and join the 5-member Business Development team.
More information : www.terracycle.eu
- Identify and contact potential brand partners who need waste solutions for their products, with a focus on TerraCycle’s UK market expansion strategy,
- Obtain contact information for key players at prospective businesses and initiate email and phone contact with people at target businesses,
- Create and pitch deal proposals,
- Drive the sales process and negotiations until the signature of the contract,
- Update and maintain a database of TerraCycle’s European deal progress and development,
- Support TerraCycle Business Development Manager with European outreach, presentations and proposals,
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key team documents and information management strategies,
- Oversee Business development interns,
- Other duties as needed.
- Native English speaker or equivalent (any additional language would be a plus)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Relevant degree
- Previous experience in Business Development, Sales or the FMCG Industry desirable
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- High energy team player
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Friendly work environment with an open-office space full of upcycled decor
Start date : November / December 2018